ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
smoses799
Rep
Drives: 2006 z4 3.0i

Iphone broke my BT :(

Well... I have had my 06' z4 roadster for 2 months now and after 2 months of blissfully wonderful bluetooth... the dream has ended...

I get into my car today and it just dosen't work. I press the phone button.. nothing.. I press the R/T button... nothing. So, I take the car to the dealership and figure that they would fix the problem... as I did buy the extended warrenty and maintence program.. AND the salesman was the one that connected my phone to the BT during the test drive to show me how it works.

After 2 minutes and 23 seconds of looking at the car, the assistant service manager tells me that the Iphone is not compatible with my car. As my car was made in 6/06 and Iphones are compatible with 09/06 cars ... this isnt covered and will cost me $135 to unlock my TLU (or whatever the box is called). :mad0 259:

I asked him if there is any other reason to go back and look at that unit.. ie repairs or diognostic? he says nope. I asked him if they could update my unit... nope. what about replacing the unit with a new model... nope..

there solution: $135 and buy a new phone. gosh this makes me angry..

So, now i have a wonderful Z with two useless buttons and a random black box carpeted in my trunk...

if anyone has any helpful suggestions or comments.. let me know
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
ATX750i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Honda Civic Si

Garage List
2003 Z4 2.5i  [0.00]
I would suggest discussing it with the Service Mannager himself without the SA around. If they still dont help, contact BMW NA and let them know the suitation. They should be able to update it or replace the unit to a newer model one and just fix the problem. There's a reason they are called Stealerships. Mine wanted $130 to program my lights to flash when I lock/unlock my car.

09' 2.0 Polished Metal Metallic Honda Civic Si - Current
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #3
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

the same thing happend on my old bimmer
i think but i never fixed it just sold it gl though
Appreciate 0