E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > There Any Way To Easily Adjust E92 Door Tweeter Positioning??

12-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
TwnTrboCAT1212
The Moose Whisperer
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 GIAC S1 335xi 6-MT

Question There Any Way To Easily Adjust E92 Door Tweeter Positioning??

Yes, you are all probably wondering what the hell is this kid talking about?...But when someone like me has bad OCD and every little imperfection bothers them and wants it to be fixed if possible (especially if its something with their new 335 Xi coupe), any help would be appreciated to satisfy the needs. Probably some of you with coupes have noticed that the tweeters are somewhat poorly fitted in the corner of the door between the weather stripping and the door panel and while not very noticeable, there Are gaps between the tweeter unit and the upper part of the door panel. In my situation, the passenger door tweeter unit is almost perfectly flush against the door and flows smoothly with the side of the door panels when the door is opened. The driver's side tweeter on the other hand seems kind of loosely attached to whatever its attached to and when the door is open, it sticks out a bit on the side of the door panel and is not as flush as the other side unit (causing a bigger gap underneath the unit and not allowing for it to sit flush). While I know it may not seem to be a big deal and that the beautiful sounds that come out of the speaker will not be compromised by being like this, I still must look at this imperfection every day and I would really like to know if there is a simple adjustment that can be made to make it sit appropriately and more tight against the door panel as the passenger side is. I really would like to avoid removing the entire door panel to do so, but if anyone has feedback or advice regarding my "issue" haha....Please let me know. Thanks,
~ Chris ~
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 02:07 AM   #2
SoQuick
Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing now

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
2001 S8  [0.00]
Can you bring it to a dealership, if it is assembled wrong, they will fix it.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 02:14 AM   #3
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Huh, I have never even thought about checking for a gap by the tweeter. But I will now, thanks.

I assumed you tried pushing it in? Find a DIY on removing the speakers and im sure you will see whats causing the problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #4
E92_328i_Boston
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328i

Can we see a pic of what your driver's side door tweeter assembly looks like?

-A
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 08:00 AM   #5
TwnTrboCAT1212
The Moose Whisperer
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 GIAC S1 335xi 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Huh, I have never even thought about checking for a gap by the tweeter. But I will now, thanks.

I assumed you tried pushing it in? Find a DIY on removing the speakers and im sure you will see whats causing the problem.
Yeah I've tried pushing it in but It always ends up shifting back to its uneven position once I drive...I mean its def. on there tight, I just dont think it was mounted properly from factory. I'm afraid if i push it too hard im gonna break whatever it's mounted to or do something to the speaker. I'm sure its meant to move a bit because of where its positioned but... I can't find a DIY on that speaker specifically so I guess I'll just wait to see what someone comes up with or maybe bring it to the dealer's body shop.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 12:02 AM   #6
SoQuick
Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing now

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
2001 S8  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoQuick View Post
Can you bring it to a dealership, if it is assembled wrong, they will fix it.
+1
Appreciate 0