F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Upgrade question ID4 - ID 6
GetBMWParts

03-05-2022, 07:16 AM   #1
HouseTonyStark
Rep
Drives: 2010 E87 120D m Sport

Upgrade question ID4 - ID 6

Hi all, I have a 2016 (march 2016 build) F36, and in a fit of bougie entitlement, I think I want to get the id6 system though I wanna get some opinions as I dont think its possible?

Things I want -

- wireless use of car apps (spotify/Audible)
- retain use of remote unlocking/locking

currently to use the apps, I have to use the usb cable, and im trying to remove that need so I can have a nice tidy MagSafe charger mount and no trailing cables.

I know I can use the phones bluetooth streaming, but I am 99/.9% certain it sounds better via cable/apps so I wanna get that utility if I can.

Those of you who have upgraded, is it possible?

p.s. I am unfamiliar with the CarPlay experience, how does it compare with using ID4 and manually setting maps not he phone. I dont like the idea of losing access to the phone when in CarPlay, though I guess with he new laws and stuff I probably should learn to adapt.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 10:05 AM   #2
Fizzius
Private
Rep
Drives: 18 X3m40i, 16 340xi (retired)

From what I have read and understand, ID4 is not Apple CarPlay compatible, it wasn't until ID5 that CarPlay was introduced. Until then, ID4 had standard Bluetooth streaming (voice and music).
There are plenty of companies that can work with you and tell you, based on VIN, if your vehicle has the ability to be upgraded easily.

Check out bimmer-remote.com (active member on here too) as they offer those types of services.
Appreciate 0