BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board 35 days in a loaner car my observations

04-03-2022, 07:31 PM   #1
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

35 days in a loaner car my observations

So I also own a Jeep Trail Hawk.

We had a big snow here the end of February. While driving it I noticed something not feeling right in the transmission. As it turns out I was right and I’m getting a completely new tranny under warranty. That’s the good news. Bad new is the part that was ordered end of February will arrive mid April.

Dealer has been great. I’m driving a brand new 2022 Charger. Sadly not a Hell Cat . But it is a v6 and had XM and good iPhone integration. So I’m happy. I’m quite impressed with the car at this price point. The ride is comfortable, seat and steering wheel heat is as good if not better than in my 540. The transmission does not shift as crisply by it’s not too bad. Car has the remote start which I’ve been loving while is cold. I don’t have to at option.

Seats are very comfortable and supportive. Trunk is huge and back seat room is very good compared to my 540.

The stereo is ok, not as good as my base system but pretty ok.

The 60 series tires ride much better over the crappy roads we have in the winter on LI. They patch them but those patches pop out the following winter. Job security ?

I got the charger with 29 miles on it. And a temp registration. I went back 2 weeks later for the permanent registration. I currently have 2,6xx miles on the Charger as of today. Witn Regular driving I’m getting 20.5 MPG.

This car has something called a drag pack and a zero to 60 timer !

I’m not using it as it’s a new vehicle and I don’t want to hurt anything. I also really appreciate the loaner car and don’t want to hurt anything.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615280.00
      04-03-2022, 07:49 PM   #2
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

I spent two months in rentals after I got rear ended. First one was a Toyota Highlander front-wheel drive. 26k miles on it and nearly useless tires. I kept that one about a week or so until we got an inch of snow and it wouldn't move on level ground. The front wheels just spun. As soon as the roads cleared and it was safe to drive it, I took it back and got an all wheel drive Nissan Rogue. That car was better in the snow but it was plain Jane as could be. I drove that one for about 7 weeks. Both those cars made me realize how much nicer my GLC300 is. I was thinking about trading the GLC in on something else, but now I've decided to keep it. I just wish there was a way to get Apple Car Play added to my GLC.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 03:41 AM   #3
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

Perhaps these people can help with car play?

https://www.mergescreens.com/collections/mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I spent two months in rentals after I got rear ended. First one was a Toyota Highlander front-wheel drive. 26k miles on it and nearly useless tires. I kept that one about a week or so until we got an inch of snow and it wouldn't move on level ground. The front wheels just spun. As soon as the roads cleared and it was safe to drive it, I took it back and got an all wheel drive Nissan Rogue. That car was better in the snow but it was plain Jane as could be. I drove that one for about 7 weeks. Both those cars made me realize how much nicer my GLC300 is. I was thinking about trading the GLC in on something else, but now I've decided to keep it. I just wish there was a way to get Apple Car Play added to my GLC.
Appreciate 1
M_Six16963.50
      04-04-2022, 07:34 AM   #4
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

How old is the design on the CHarger? Like is it really a 2011 or something? Sometimes there's something to be said for a well sorted platform.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 07:46 AM   #5
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

I had one for two weeks back in October when I was in Bethesda. I enjoyed it. Android Auto worked great, ride was smooth and the acceleration was good.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 09:04 AM   #6
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
Perhaps these people can help with car play?

https://www.mergescreens.com/collections/mercedes
Had my hopes up for a bit there. Apparently they make these modules for the GLA and GLK, but not for my GLC. Go figure.

I wrote to them and asked if any of their modules would work in a GLC300, but I'm not optimistic.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 09:12 AM   #7
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Had my hopes up for a bit there. Apparently they make these modules for the GLA and GLK, but not for my GLC. Go figure.

I wrote to them and asked if any of their modules would work in a GLC300, but I'm not optimistic.
I added an Aftermarket unit to my F33 and love it. I would assume someone makes one for Benz two. Quick search found another with your desires
https://www.benzworld.org/threads/20...#post-18370949

I got mine on alieexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/premium/b...0f33%20carplay
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 10:51 PM   #8
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
My brother in law rented a then new 2017 Hemi Charger when he visited us in FL. Had balls and the factory exhaust was sweet. Agree on the seats and trunk. Longest I was in a rental was 5 months when a transmission shop kept getting the wrong transmission or something else would come up on my 535i eons ago. Rental was a then new 2006 G35 and put 15k miles on that thing. Transmission shop footed the bill so I didn’t complain.
Appreciate 0