THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum PSA - Friendly reminder to be careful of possible scam.

04-21-2022, 12:04 PM   #1
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

PSA - Friendly reminder to be careful of possible scam.

Just wanted to share my experience here. I recently posted asking for shipping cost in one of the member classified thread on my interest in one of the posted items.

Soon after, I received a PM message with a phone number to contact asking about my location to calculate shipping. We proceed to exchange several texts with me asking for other picture of the items but was given the same picture as the one that was already posted. I offered a price which was more fair imo but quite a good lower than asking and was immediately accepted. And then conversations turn to payment of course. As I remember the account has small amount of post and reps so of course I requested either ship it first or paypal good and services. Obviously conversations was steered away from there, I have always been cautious from the start but at this point, I was almost certain. The "seller" also countered with zelle him half first and he will ship and zelle him rest after.

When I went back to check on the sell threads and messages, I finally realized that the PM sent with the phone number did not actually have the same username as the original poster of the sell threads. It also seems like that user has been banned. Kudos to the admin for the fast works.

All in all, I knew that had I not been in a clear state of mind, chances are some of the red flag could have easily slip through and I could have been out of my money. Most people probably wouldn't but you never know.

Updated with the scammer ID as I see him still posting on B/S thread. He also texted me with the new number currently use by the new account.

Kenfandic (Banned)
Dansimmons (Current)

Previous number 830-507-3857
Current number 918-486-9208

Last edited by Ajowhan; 04-22-2022 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: Additional information
Appreciate 3
dradernh4471.50
shadowfax1289.00
qlaval52.50
      04-22-2022, 02:37 PM   #2
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

Updated with the scammer ID as I see him still posting on B/S thread. He also texted me with the new number currently use by the new account.

Kenfandic (Banned)
Dansimmons (Current)

Previous number 830-507-3857
Current number 918-486-9208
Appreciate 0