E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Careful where you park at night *Cleveland*

12-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
Frank2808
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Careful where you park at night *Cleveland*

GRRRRrrrr. For those of you in the Cleveland area, take my advice.. when headed downtown, take the bus.

I work in downtown Cleveland. I got called into work at 10pm and got out at 2am to find my new 335 with a bashed in passenger side window. The contents of my car before: 43 cents, a snow brush, and 4 CDs. The contents after: 3 cents, a snow brush, and 4 CDs. that's right, they stole 40 cents.

I thought it would be ok since it was parked on a main street directly under a street light.. I was wrong. Anyway, Safelite Autoglass fixed the window for $300 out the door and Dave over and Ganley BMW was nice enough to hook me up with getting the window retinted for $30.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

Garage List
that sucks man, haters are everywhere. Since you got out at around the time bars were getting out it was probably some drunk asshole. At least they didn't do more damage, or steal it all together!
      12-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
J. Diddy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank2808 View Post
GRRRRrrrr. For those of you in the Cleveland area, take my advice.. when headed downtown, take the bus.

I work in downtown Cleveland. I got called into work at 10pm and got out at 2am to find my new 335 with a bashed in passenger side window. The contents of my car before: 43 cents, a snow brush, and 4 CDs. The contents after: 3 cents, a snow brush, and 4 CDs. that's right, they stole 40 cents.

I thought it would be ok since it was parked on a main street directly under a street light.. I was wrong. Anyway, Safelite Autoglass fixed the window for $300 out the door and Dave over and Ganley BMW was nice enough to hook me up with getting the window retinted for $30.
Frank- I'm in Cleveland too. What street did you park on?

Give me some detailson your 335.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
That sucks bro.

I used to work downtown at a restaurant on W.6th back in the day. I had a 1990 Jeep Wrangler at the time. Well it was mid summer so I obviously had the top and doors off. It was a friday night so I got there early enough to grab a meter right in front of Velvet Dog. I had nothing in the car but a handful of change, maybe, and 4 brand new stainless nuts for the door hinges. I finally get back to the car to find nearly all of the change gone. There was a bum sitting there when I parked and he was still there when I came out. So I grabbed the remaining couple cents and walk over to him and take a look in his cup. Surely enough there were my stainless nuts. So I told him, "thanks for helping yourself to the change in my car. I'll trade you the rest of it for those bolts" He looked at me like I was crazy then he fingered through and got the bolts out handed them to me and said "thanks" of all things, not even a sorry It was just crazy the guy was ballsy enough to hop into my car that had a motion sensor alarm on W.6th on a FRIDAY with all those friggin people and tons of cops as well. I figured he earned it if he was going to take that risk.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
That sucks bro.

I used to work downtown at a restaurant on W.6th back in the day. I had a 1990 Jeep Wrangler at the time. Well it was mid summer so I obviously had the top and doors off. It was a friday night so I got there early enough to grab a meter right in front of Velvet Dog. I had nothing in the car but a handful of change, maybe, and 4 brand new stainless nuts for the door hinges. I finally get back to the car to find nearly all of the change gone. There was a bum sitting there when I parked and he was still there when I came out. So I grabbed the remaining couple cents and walk over to him and take a look in his cup. Surely enough there were my stainless nuts. So I told him, "thanks for helping yourself to the change in my car. I'll trade you the rest of it for those bolts" He looked at me like I was crazy then he fingered through and got the bolts out handed them to me and said "thanks" of all things, not even a sorry It was just crazy the guy was ballsy enough to hop into my car that had a motion sensor alarm on W.6th on a FRIDAY with all those friggin people and tons of cops as well. I figured he earned it if he was going to take that risk.
lol, good story.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #6
Frank2808
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I was parked right off of E9th across from the National City building. Probably the most traveled area of the city.

As for the details.. 09 Black 335i coupe, lowered on H&R sports, 19" M6 reps, and 25% tint all the way around. Nothing great compared to others on the board but I like it.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
I was parked right off of E9th across from the National City building. Probably the most traveled area of the city.

As for the details.. 09 Black 335i coupe, lowered on H&R sports, 19" M6 reps, and 25% tint all the way around. Nothing great compared to others on the board but I like it.
Ive seen you before!!! Looks good dude!

That sucks tho. I try not to drive my E60 downtown. I really wouldnt want to park it on W 6th when its crazy out, but the ladies love the bimmer so I drive it anyways haha.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #8
Nyulak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2009 BMW 535xi  [10.00]
The only time I go downtown is to go to court for a speeding violation. I end up parking across the street at the garage where you have to give the attendant the keys. I have fortunately never had an issue with them. I personally would avoid being in Cleveland on principle as I don't like big cities, and Cleveland is ugly anyway.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
J. Diddy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
That sucks bro.

Dude...I'm dieing @ "thanks!" from the bum....freaking awesome
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #10
J. Diddy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Sounds awesome! Where did you get your work done? Got any pics?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #11
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:

I've seen you around as well. I think once on the east side on Mayfield Rd. and maybe another time or 2.

It figures that every time I see a nice BMW that may be on the forum I'm never in my BMW. I'm always in my shitty Hyundai Elantra work car looking like some poor dude over the pretty BMW I can't afford. It never fails

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 06:08 AM   #12
Frank2808
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Awesome! Nice to see other Clevelanders love e91s! Well, I dropped the car off last night to be retinted so this is almost all behind me. Now all thats left to do is get all the tiny shards of glass out of every tiny crack of my interior. Should be an exciting Saturday afternoon.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #13
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Awesome! Nice to see other Clevelanders love e91s! Well, I dropped the car off last night to be retinted so this is almost all behind me. Now all thats left to do is get all the tiny shards of glass out of every tiny crack of my interior. Should be an exciting Saturday afternoon.
Make sure to take your keen eye with you when you pick up from the tint shop. I had my front windows retinted from 35% to 15% to match my rears. Even after only being tinted a year the new 15 up front was waayyyyy off from the old 15 in the rear. You couldn't tell much from outside but once you sat in the car and looked to your right and could see the font and rear windows in your vision it looked totally fucked and really messed with your vision. You may need to have the whole car retinted, so be prepared for that.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0