E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 Xenon Headlight Lens Replacements

05-19-2022, 04:23 PM   #1
bmw335ie90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M Sport

E90 Xenon Headlight Lens Replacements

After a lot of searching and finding no answers, I decided to purchase two sets of replacement lenses in order to compare the quality difference. Main concern here; replacing e90 xenon headlight lenses, especially an LCI, is no easy task. They are perma-sealed and are a pain in the ass to remove.

If I'm going to spend this much time to replace the lens, I want to install the highest quality replacement available.

I purchased one set for $169 and a second set for $249. The $169 lenses were low quality china specials with a price hike. The markings on the lenses matched all the markings on the cheap Ebay lenses. If you want cheap shitty lenses, just buy the cheapest set available on ebay. Some of the seams had crizzled plastic and the UV coating was so weak that a microfiber cloth scratched it. I thought the $169 lenses were a 'middle' quality lens but they were sadly not.

The second set were bimmerjakes at $249. Quality was much better than the first set, no crizzled seams, no weak UV coating. To be clear these are NOT OEM ZKW lenses, as implied on their website. After talking to a few vendors, OEM e90 Xenon headlight lenses simply are not available without purchasing the entire housing.

To summarize, if you want to replace e90 xenon headlight lenses you have two options. Cheap Chinese lenses or bimmerjakes. There is no second tier quality lens available (that I could find). If you want cheap, buy on ebay. If you want decent quality, you'll have to pony up $250 for bimmerjakes. Hopefully this will assist someone down the road that is contemplating replacing their lenses and don't know which to buy.
Appreciate 3
e90yyc2426.50