E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sensor sensitivity, for Autolights

12-12-2008, 12:48 AM   #1
MMVI
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 something

Sensor sensitivity, for Autolights

Does anyone know if (if only by the dealer with a hidden potentiometer) it can be turned down. I like the feature but feel a bit of a clot driving round in the middle of the day with my lights on. If it is anything but positively bright they will be on and its not necessary.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:41 AM   #2
hanmaas
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335i

the sensitivity level can be changed by your dealership. i had the same issue that my lights would continuously go on and off in the middle of the day as soon as i would drive by anything that would cast the slightest shadow on the car. they adjusted it and it improved but it still went on and off sometimes. knowing that these repeated on and offs aren't exactly good for the xenon bulbs, i have gotten used to leaving the light switch at 0 during the day and whenever it starts to get dark i switch to auto in order to have AHL. it's funny how the light sensor was intended to take care of switching headlights on and off, but in the end i still do it myself.