BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

06-15-2022, 06:40 PM   #1
downshiftapex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Not fast enough

Anyone have these colors local for me to see?

Hi guys,

I've finalized my colors of choice for the G80 M3 LCI to:
- Dakar Yellow
- Speed Yellow
- Mexico Blue
- Voodoo Blue
- IOMG

Does anyone in CT have the top 4? I was able to see IOMG in person today but would love to see the blues and yellows in person. I currently have a YMB M4 and am struggling to see how Mexico Blue and Voodoo differ from each other.

Correct me if I am wrong Dakar is a lighter shade of yellow, while Speed yellow is a bit darker?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 11:51 PM   #2
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

I've got Dakar Yellow!

However, being a stay at home dad 5 days week with businesses I tend to on the weekend means I'm almost never free unfortunately. If you're willing to trek out to New Rochelle, I'm located in the zip code 10801. I'm free sporadically throughout the day, so PM me and I'm sure we can work something out.

Dakar vs. Speed is more about the intensity of the hue. Dakar is a lighter yellow that's very flat, whereas Speed is much more intense with a darker contrast. If I were to take a picture of my car, I could make it look like Speed by upping the contrast via editing.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 11:16 AM   #3
downshiftapex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Not fast enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
I've got Dakar Yellow!

However, being a stay at home dad 5 days week with businesses I tend to on the weekend means I'm almost never free unfortunately. If you're willing to trek out to New Rochelle, I'm located in the zip code 10801. I'm free sporadically throughout the day, so PM me and I'm sure we can work something out.

Dakar vs. Speed is more about the intensity of the hue. Dakar is a lighter yellow that's very flat, whereas Speed is much more intense with a darker contrast. If I were to take a picture of my car, I could make it look like Speed by upping the contrast via editing.
Going to PM you.
Appreciate 0