E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW E90 No Crank No Start (Potential issue with one of the modules)

06-18-2022, 01:49 PM   #1
Blue_BMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi (E90)

Post BMW E90 No Crank No Start (Potential issue with one of the modules)

Hello Everyone,
I'll try to keep it 32. My 2007 328xi (E90). Has been having stating issues for about a year now. It went from Slow start (crank a few times) to currently no crank no start. Please let me know if you have any Ideas/solutions on what the issue could be.

What I think the issue is
I think that one of the modules is faulty but Im not familiar with INPA or ISTA to test or code a new one if needed.

Issue Description
Stage 1. A year ago I noticed that the headlights an break lights would stay on after the car was turned off.

Stage 2. Shortly after a 'clicking/buzzing' sound started coming from the fuse box location (when key fib was entered or the push start button was pressed).

Stage 3. My battery ended up dying on me (car had to be jump started multiple times, I think this is what damaged the module). So a new compatible Battery (not sure if it was registered), alternator and starter (for good measure) was installed.

Stage 4. Car started having the same issues as Stage 2 but way more noticible. Headlights and Breaklight would stay on more often and the clicking sound on the fuse box became more constant. It would also crank for a longer time before eventually starting.

Stage 5. For about a week the car would only start when jump started (never directly on the battery) only on the jump points under the hood. This happened after I drove the car for 3hrs (the electronics went crazy and the car did not start on its own after that)

Stage 6: Car wont Crank or start, not even with a jump. Also the car takes multiple tries to engage with the key. When it finally recognizes that the key is in, I can get the radio, fan, other electronics working. but the car Locks/unlocks constantly.

What is on the Dash
I think im getting the cluster dash lights. (Break, 4x4, etc..) had this before but it went away once I drove for a bit.

Attempted Solution
1. New Battery, Starter, Alternator
2. Replaced the Contact relay on the fuse box (top-right)
3. Checked voltage on battery, alternator, jumping points, engine block, starter and got 12 volts when car is off (14 volts when on)
4. Made sure that the engine block is getting voltage, the grounding straps are not perfect but the engine is still getting the 12V. Connected the negative terminal to the engine block an auxiliary ground and still no luck.
5. Replaced spark plugs and ignition coils (all OEM Bosh)

Thank you for your help, let me know if further details are needed.
Appreciate 0