JerZBMerLife
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

Garage List
2024 BMW X6  [0.00]
Talking 2020 BMW X5 40i xDrive Gas Mileage

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to give an update from a recent drive from Jersey to Atlanta (Jun30th-Jul7th) and my OUTSTANDING gas mileage. The total miles is approx 890 miles door to door. I filled up in North Jersey ($92.00) and made it just inside the NC border with approx 80 miles range left with Premium (93 octane) gas. I filled up in NC ($105) with 93 octane as well and made it to Atlanta with approx 230 miles range left. I drive in Eco Pro Mode for entire trip and used the adaptive cruise function. My A/C was set to 73F and the sun shade was closed on my sunroof to keep the temps down during hot sunny drive. It was myself, wife and 2 kids with LOTS of luggage for 7 day stay. I can't give ENOUGH high praises for the gas mileage on this SUV!!! Hopefully this will help someone considering buying this and maybe considering M50i and gas mileage is a concern. Please feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer.
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2022, 07:49 AM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZBMerLife View Post
Hi Everyone. Just wanted to give an update from a recent drive from Jersey to Atlanta (Jun30th-Jul7th) and my OUTSTANDING gas mileage. The total miles is approx 890 miles door to door. I filled up in North Jersey ($92.00) and made it just inside the NC border with approx 80 miles range left with Premium (93 octane) gas. I filled up in NC ($105) with 93 octane as well and made it to Atlanta with approx 230 miles range left. I drive in Eco Pro Mode for entire trip and used the adaptive cruise function. My A/C was set to 73F and the sun shade was closed on my sunroof to keep the temps down during hot sunny drive. It was myself, wife and 2 kids with LOTS of luggage for 7 day stay. I can't give ENOUGH high praises for the gas mileage on this SUV!!! Hopefully this will help someone considering buying this and maybe considering M50i and gas mileage is a concern. Please feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer.
What was your total mpg?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2022, 11:37 AM   #3
JerZBMerLife
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

Garage List
2024 BMW X6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Quote:
What was your total mpg?
What was your total mpg?[/QUOTE]

I reset trip computer going down and forgot to look at that info. I realized that once I got back home. 😂😂
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2022, 11:52 AM   #4
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
What was your total mpg?

Quote:
I reset trip computer going down and forgot to look at that info. I realized that once I got back home. 😂😂
Been there, done that! Well, knowing your tank capacity and the miles driven and approx how much gas you had left in your tank, you might be able to approximate the mpg. No need to do so on my acct but just in case you find yourself wondering
Appreciate 0