F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Widescreen Upgrade with Bimmertech MMI
Extreme Powerhouse

07-10-2022, 07:28 PM   #1
Ayaan Sambhi
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i M Sport

Widescreen Upgrade with Bimmertech MMI

Hi all,

I was wanting to upgrade my idrive screen to the widescreen version and add the MII prime as well.

I have a 2012 f30 with CIC nav but no bluetooth streaming. I've seen on other threads that HU_ENTRYNAV are the only versions that can be retrofitted with a new screen. However, there are CIC idrive systems that have the widescreen installed from factory.

Would such an upgrade be possible? Also, would this work with Bimmertech's MMI Prime?

Attached is a photo of the current idrive screen, and a widescreen version for CIC from the internet.

The photo of the widescreen is from an f10 5-series, however similar screens are seen factory-fitted on f30's

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0