E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Dent on rear bumper after the service

05-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #1
GKVe90
Private
Rep
Drives: E90

Dent on rear bumper after the service

I got my e90 serviced at BMW of Manhattan last week, and the car came back with a dent on the rear bumper which was not there when I dropped the car off for the service.

I called my SA there, left a message, and sent a email, but I haven't heard anything back from him. The dent was not really big or noticeable, so I think I will take it to one of those bodyshop which does paintless dent removal soon. But the thing that makes me very angry is the point that the SA is totally ignoring my call or email. I do not have anything against personally since he probably is not ther person who put the dent on my bumper. But they could not fix the bluetooth, and told me that e90s are not subject to receive free once a year oil change. He told me that it only can get oil change when the car calls for it.

How would you approach to this situation if you are in my shoes? I am considering sending letters to BMW NA and BMW of Manhattan. I can also give him all 1's on his review when BMW calls me, but I would not like to cut down someone's salary.

I know my 325i is pretty much their bottom line car, but I don't think I deserve to be treated this way after speding $38000 on a car. And it's not like I am trying to fix a dent which was there already by blaming on them.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
afocoryw20
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 + 325xi

Garage List
2006 325XI  [0.00]
2005 X3  [0.00]
1990 Mercedes Benz ...  [0.00]
I see your from NJ..... May I ask why you brought the car there for service? Have you only left one message? I would call the GM there and speak to him/her directly. Let them know the situation and that you have already called/emailed with no response. I know it's frustrating but cooler heads prevail.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2006, 02:22 PM   #3
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

I don't think paint-less dent removal apply to plastic part? Could someone confirm that please.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2006, 02:42 PM   #4
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I would go straight to BMW NA. Send them a letter by FedEx Priority Overnight. They will do something about it.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #5
GKVe90
Private
Rep

I brought in my car to BMW NYC because of two reasons;

1. The dealer I bought the car from, Park Avenue BMW of NJ, is just horrible when it comes to the service. As soon as you purchase/lease a car from them, you pretty much have to beg to get your car service. Oops, I almost forgot their rude as hell service people (their receiptionists are the worst) to mention. Also they never fixed the bluetooth issue that I have with my car after about 2~3 tries. So I basically gave up on them.

2. I work in NYC, so if I could drop off the car on BMW of Manhattan in the early morning, and pick it up on the way back home, it is way easier for me compare to taking a half day off just to drop the car off in Park Ave. BMW in Rochelle Park, NJ. Plus I have to drive about 1/2 an hour as soon as my 1 hour commute back home ends to pick up the car from their parking lot.

Now I am really debating if I should take the depreciation hit, sell my e90, and get a loaded TL from any Acura dealer with good service department. I love the car, but I am not sure if I can continue to take this service nightmare for another few years. At least TL is not Acura's bottom line car, and they would treat me better when I do not own a bottom line car.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #6
clutch09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 320i

Stick with the e90. The TL is a nice car and one that I considered but you will miss a lot of things about the BMW that you probably dont' realize as of now. Yes the servicing can be a pain but you also have to take into consideration that the SA's are usually very busy, especially in Manhattan and don't mean to ignore your calls. There are a few posts in the Dealer Review section which praise BMW of Manhattan service. Just keep calling - you should be ok.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #7
willpooted
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishkl
Stick with the e90. The TL is a nice car and one that I considered but you will miss a lot of things about the BMW that you probably dont' realize as of now. Yes the servicing can be a pain but you also have to take into consideration that the SA's are usually very busy, especially in Manhattan and don't mean to ignore your calls. There are a few posts in the Dealer Review section which praise BMW of Manhattan service. Just keep calling - you should be ok.
Just a side note. I think it's so funny that after posting an unpleasant review of a dealer on one of the BMW forums about their refusal to offer loaner cars, they started providing me with one without me even asking.
      05-08-2006, 09:09 PM   #8
GKVe90
Private
Rep

Thanks for the comments guys!
I always find this BMW forums very helpful no matter what question I ask to the members. I think I will wait a few more days, and do something if I do not hear anything from the SA by then.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #9
blitzkrieg
Mr.E30
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW

The dealer should fix it if it happened in their hands. A little off topic, but... Oil changes are only needed when the car tells you it needs one. Oil changes more often than that are unnecessary. Just out of curiosity...what kind of phone do you have?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #10
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Call Anthony Lopez...he is my service rep at BMW of Manhattan and is as sharp, quick and responsive as they come.

212-314-9743
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #11
aphall
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i rec'd 2/17/06

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
When you took your car in for service, did your SA take a walk around the car to identify any dents or scratches before you took the car in, and then mark them off on a sheet of paper similar to what valet tickets have on the back? My SA does this when I take the car in, and I help point out the dents and scratches that were there before, so that we're both on the same page. Probably best practice to do the same with your SA next time you bring her in.

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2006, 11:03 PM   #12
h_curtis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ordered blk s 330 sp, pr, cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
I would go straight to BMW NA. Send them a letter by FedEx Priority Overnight. They will do something about it.
A little over the top don't you think? Gees, give the dealer a chance to call back and chill. You don't have to run to mommy crying yet. Goodness.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2006, 11:50 PM   #13
willpooted
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis
A little over the top don't you think? Gees, give the dealer a chance to call back and chill. You don't have to run to mommy crying yet. Goodness.
It may be over the top to FedEx overnight and all, but some dealers do need a kick in the ass every now and then to treat their customers right.
      05-09-2006, 12:28 AM   #14
clutch09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by willpooted
Just a side note. I think it's so funny that after posting an unpleasant review of a dealer on one of the BMW forums about their refusal to offer loaner cars, they started providing me with one without me even asking.
lol
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #15
GKVe90
Private
Rep

I walked around the car with the guy who checks the dent/scratches on the cars coming in for services. If I can remember correctly, he said "Well, this looks like a brand all around to me!"

By the way, the dealers in this area cannot fix the bluetooth issue about Motorolla e815 and car not being able to pair up. Does anyone have an insight on this issue? I know the CIP 20.00 is supposed to clear this issue, but apprarently, it's not really clearing anything up.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #16
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKVe90
I walked around the car with the guy who checks the dent/scratches on the cars coming in for services. If I can remember correctly, he said "Well, this looks like a brand all around to me!"

By the way, the dealers in this area cannot fix the bluetooth issue about Motorolla e815 and car not being able to pair up. Does anyone have an insight on this issue? I know the CIP 20.00 is supposed to clear this issue, but apprarently, it's not really clearing anything up.
My E90 (built 08/01/05) pairs with my Motorola E815 flawlessly. The E815 is on BMW's approved phone list. Your's doesn't work??
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2006, 03:25 PM   #17
AlBoston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 740i xdrive & 2018 640GT

try JMK BMW or Prestige BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2006, 03:30 PM   #18
GKVe90
Private
Rep

CIP 19.01 screwed the bluetooth capability of my car, and I've been trying to fix it ever since I got the 19.01 update. I read few of the posts which were saying that CIP 20.00 is going to fix the bluetooth issue. Now, it's not working even with CIP20.00, and I have no idea what to do next.

I think i will give BMW of Manhattan one more try, and if they can't figure out, I wil have to contact BMW of NA then. However, it's really difficult for me to leave the car since they require me to drop the phone when I drop the car. My cell phone is my only phone, and it is really difficult to live without a phone these days... I guess i am one of those young generation people
Appreciate 0