E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Car cranks but wont start

08-04-2022, 03:02 PM   #1
mtandre21
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi

Car cranks but wont start

I was trying to install an android unit and the my SOS light came on and the volume was gone. I removed the android unit and reinstalled the OEM navigation. I went to start the car and got crank but no start. I then proceeded to run ista and got that a bunch of codes. I looked at the tree diagram and the dme was red along with my CCC. I checked and have no power going to pin 1 on X60003 connector. I am tracking that I am suppose have power going to that pin when the ignition is off. I proceeded to replace the fuse box. Once I did this, I had power and proceeded to start the car. I got dme relay codes. I thought that the dme relay was the black relay inside the dme box. I replaced it and the codes went away but the car wouldnt start. I thought it was my dme that was bad and replaced it. Now i dont get any dme relay codes just that the dme is not communicating with the ekps. I proceeded to replace the fuse box again thinking i had messed up the dme relay (which I now know is soldered inside my fuse box). Once i replaced the fuse box i expected to get power 12v in pin 1 connector X60003 like before but i dont. I just get .25v. i have checked the dme relay and it clicks when i ground pin 1 connector x11010. It also clicks when i ground pin 13 on connector X60005. I just don't have power to connector 1 X60003. I have traced that cable to X6011 pin 5 and still the same .25v. I am not sure when that cable goes once inside the firewall. I have also checked for 12v on fuse (30a) which right under the big green rectangular shaped relay and have voltage. Not sure what else to check. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by mtandre21; 08-04-2022 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: add more information
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 07:11 PM   #2
mtandre21
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi

I changed my fuse box. I now have power to pin 1 connector x60003. I have proceeded to check pin 1 connector x11010. I can hear the clicking from k6300 (dme relay). I do not have power to f78 with ignition on. I followed the steps turning off ignition, checking 77 and 78 then waiting 30 minutes and checking with ignition on, still no power. I also tried to start the car grounding pin 1 on connector x11010, still the car cranks but doesnt start. I keep getting these codes...

2ACC DME Master relay, activation
2ACB DME Master relay, shift delay

I have already replace the DME from MSD80 to MSD81 thinking it was the DME. I have also checked pin 13 on connector x60005. it is good condition, nothing broken or cracked. Not really sure where to go from here. As I have changed dme, fusebox, fuses, and still get the same 2 codes. Please help!
Appreciate 0