BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) NEW BMW X1 Sound, Audio Problem

12-20-2022, 03:24 PM   #1
Arslanut
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2022

NEW BMW X1 Sound, Audio Problem

Hi,
I hope this is the correct page for my issue ,if not sorry for bothering.

I have a 2022 BMW x1 , The new one. We have had it fo a month And so far we were quite happy with it. Unfortunately nowadays we are having a sound, audio issue. The system ( car play , radio etc ) appearing To work as expected but sometimes no sound from car play ,radio. I tried to reset The system several times by pressing The volume knob but sadly not working. The only way to restore the system ( sound ) is shut down the car completly , lock the doors, wait about 30 min. Than system is back. As i told, the screens, menu, car play etc everything looks working but no sound. It happens twice or three times in a week. Today i spoke with the dealer, they performed a power reset. But unfortunately it happened again just 6 hours later than reset. I talked with them again and i have a new appointment on friday.
Do you have any suggestion about this issue ? I will be really appreciated if you can help. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 09:53 PM   #2
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arslanut View Post
Hi,
I hope this is the correct page for my issue ,if not sorry for bothering.

I have a 2022 BMW x1 , The new one. We have had it fo a month And so far we were quite happy with it. Unfortunately nowadays we are having a sound, audio issue. The system ( car play , radio etc ) appearing To work as expected but sometimes no sound from car play ,radio. I tried to reset The system several times by pressing The volume knob but sadly not working. The only way to restore the system ( sound ) is shut down the car completly , lock the doors, wait about 30 min. Than system is back. As i told, the screens, menu, car play etc everything looks working but no sound. It happens twice or three times in a week. Today i spoke with the dealer, they performed a power reset. But unfortunately it happened again just 6 hours later than reset. I talked with them again and i have a new appointment on friday.
Do you have any suggestion about this issue ? I will be really appreciated if you can help. Thanks in advance.
Which iPhone do you have? (and which iOS version is it running?)
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 10:37 PM   #3
Arslanut
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrabby View Post
Which iPhone do you have? (and which iOS version is it running?)
iPhone 13 pro and ios 16.1.2. Is it something about software?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 02:39 PM   #4
Arslanut
Rep

İ have just updated my iPhone to iOS 16.2 . So far it looks fine. But just in case i have an appointment with the dealer. İ will inform here if any improvenemnt, for anyone encountering the same problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 03:02 PM   #5
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arslanut View Post
İ have just updated my iPhone to iOS 16.2 . So far it looks fine. But just in case i have an appointment with the dealer. İ will inform here if any improvenemnt, for anyone encountering the same problem.
Good luck! If it happens again, perhaps you can borrow someone else's iPhone and see if it does the same thing in the X1?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 11:38 PM   #6
Arslanut
Rep

Thanks. I will do that. İ hope it is just about the software rather than a malfunction , hardware.
Appreciate 0