ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: Best Month In Spring for Dyno Event
March (After the 20th) 0 0%
April 1 33.33%
May 2 66.67%
June (Before the 21th) 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

01-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver

Jersey Roadster Dyno Day – 2009 Spring [Poll]

Happy New Year All!

The last poll was very successful with 58 votes posted. I know the economy is still hurting people and the holiday seasons have just passed with bills to pay, but keep in mind that there is no better way to start the new year out than to see how your new modifications are responding, or just to get a base run before you begin modifications, even if you just want to see how your car compares to others in your class.

Here is what I am asking of you. Just tell me what month you think is the best to perform a dyno day / enthusiast gathering in during the spring season of 2009. You do not have to confirm that you will be attending the event. No promises are required at this point. I am just taking a poll to know what type of attendance I could be expecting, when people would be happiest to attend, and when I should set up the event.

Thank you to all for your input and I know we will make this happen in Spring 2009.
2005 BMW K 1200 S
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

Well this is the end of the first week with 7 weeks to go and I just wanted to give an update on how the polls are doing. Right now it looks like April is in the lead with 40% of the votes. Also we have a total of 25 votes already in one week. This is great news because we only need 20 people to actually show up for the full deal. If we get 30 votes in any one month then I know for a fact we won’t have any issues with setting up the event and having a great time together.

Here are the current poll standings:
MonthּּVotesּּPercent
Marchּּּּ4ּּּּּּ16%ּּ
Aprilּּּ10ּּּּּּ40%ּּ
Mayּּּּּּ6ּּּּּּ24%ּּ
Juneּּּּּ5ּּּּּּ20%ּּ

Here are the forums included:
  • Solstice
  • Sky
  • Corvette
  • XLR
  • Lotus
  • Miata
  • S2000 [Currently not letting me post, if anyone knows a member who can help me out here please let PM me.]
  • 350Z
  • Z4
  • SLK
  • Boxster
Are there other platforms that people believe I should add to the group?

I am happy to see people are voting. Let’s create some activity here and let me know what you would like at the dyno event. Do you want food: pizza, subs, bbq? Do you want music: what kind of genre do you like? I’m thinking of making a video would anybody like to volunteer to be the videographer?

If you know any other forum members tell them to vote too. If you know people with roadsters that fit into any of the above categories but can’t find my post on their forum send me a PM and I will link you to their appropriate post so that their vote counts too. Feel free to ask questions here or to send me a PM if you have a question. I’m really excited about putting this together for everybody and I know the rest of you Jersey Roadsters will enjoy it as much as I will.

More updates next week,
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

Week two has come to an end and there are 6 weeks to go, only a month and a half left to vote! This week’s update is great seeing 12 more voters, one more forum, and some new discussions. We still have April in the lead with 35% of the votes but May is coming up quickly. I told you that we need more than 20 votes for a specific month to lock in the deal of $50 for 3 pulls and if votes keep at their current pace I see no problem making that goal.

MonthּּVotesּּPercent
Marchּּּּ7ּּּּּּ19%ּּ
Aprilּּּ13ּּּּּּ35%ּּ
Mayּּּּּ10ּּּּּּ27%ּּ
Juneּּּּּ7ּּּּּּ19%ּּ

• BMW Z4
  • Cadillac XLR
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Chrysler CrossFire
  • Honda S2000
  • Lotus Elise
  • Mazda Miata
  • Mercedes SLK
  • Nissan 350Z
  • Pontiac Solstice
  • Porsche Boxster
  • Saturn Sky

It appears the activity of this forum has come to a halt and I know it has only been a week but I know if you come you will have a great time. I am not asking for commitments from anyone yet so don’t be afraid to cast a vote because all I need is to know if you where to come what month you think would be best for setting up a dyno event. Remember this is only one of many events to come, for 2009 we will be meeting up between three to four times and looking to change that to monthly for 2010 if all goes well. At these Jersey Roadster meets you will be able to meet new friends, learn new concepts, and show your enthusiasm for New Jersey and your roadster.

If you know any other forum members tell them to vote too. If you know people with roadsters that fit into any of the above categories but can’t find my post on their forum send me a PM and I will link you to their appropriate post so that their vote counts too. Feel free to ask questions here or to send me a PM if you have a question. I’m really excited about putting this together for everybody and I know the rest of you Jersey Roadsters will enjoy it as much as I will.

More updates next week,
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

Week three has come to an end and there are only 5 weeks left to vote! This week’s update is great seeing 17 more voters, three more forums, and some new discussions. This voting period is exciting with April hardly holding the lead by only 1 vote! Keep them coming only need three more for April to lock it in. The only sad news is we unfortunately lost the XLR Forum as they have permanently blocked me for posting about trying to grow enthusiasm around the roadster community.

MonthּּVotesּּPercent
Marchּּּ11ּּּּּּ20%ּּ
Aprilּּּ17ּּּּּּ31%ּּ
Mayּּּּּ16ּּּּּּ30%ּּ
Juneּּּּ10ּּּּּּ19%ּּ

• BMW Z4
  • Cadillac XLR (If anybody has an account here feel free to start your own poll for me I know it would be great to have them come as well)
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Chrysler CrossFire
  • Honda S2000
  • Lotus Elise
  • Mazda Miata
  • Mercedes SLK
  • Nissan 350Z
  • Pontiac Solstice
  • Porsche Boxster/911
  • Saturn Sky

It appears the activity of this forum has come to a halt and I know it has only been a week but I know if you come you will have a great time. I am not asking for commitments from anyone yet so don’t be afraid to cast a vote because all I need is to know if you where to come what month you think would be best for setting up a dyno event. Remember this is only one of many events to come, for 2009 we will be meeting up between three to four times and looking to change that to monthly for 2010 if all goes well. At these Jersey Roadster meets you will be able to meet new friends, learn new concepts, and show your enthusiasm for New Jersey and your roadster.

More updates next week,
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

Tomorrow ends the first month of the poll, and there is only one month left to vote! Once again we had 12 more voters added this week! That is just incredible I am glad to see the enthusiasm still going strong.

I heard the news about Honda’s S2000 and Cadillac’s XLR getting the axe and I am very sorry . I also heard the good news about Mazda’s Miata getting the new updates include a little more horsepower and fuel economy, congratulations!

Just so everyone knows we cleared the minimum requirements for both April and May so the event is a go! But oh wait there is a tie!!!!! It’s pretty obvious at this point that March is too early for everyone and June is too late for everyone. Just to give you a little enticement keep in mind the average temperature for April is 43F and May is 54F. I don’t know what that means to you but you can take it for what it is worth.

MonthּּVotesּּPercent
Marchּּּ12ּּּּּּ18%ּּ
Aprilּּּ21ּּּּּּ32%ּּ
Mayּּּּּ21ּּּּּּ32%ּּ
Juneּּּּ12ּּּּּּ18%ּּ

• BMW Z4
  • Cadillac XLR (If anybody has an account here feel free to start your own poll for me I know it would be great to have them come as well)
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Chrysler CrossFire
  • Honda S2000
  • Lotus Elise
  • Mazda Miata
  • Mercedes SLK
  • Nissan 350Z
  • Pontiac Solstice
  • Porsche Boxster/911
  • Saturn Sky

Thanks for all the interest everyone is showing.

More updates next week,
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Hey Everyone,

OK WOW you have all made it clear that you want it between April and May. I can not believe we have 84 votes!!!! That’s 18 more than last week, I am impressed that we continue so strong. I don’t know about you but I am getting very antsy about this event. So I’m going to give it one more week and by next week I will post up the available days that the shop can offer us. I have about 4 weekends in mind between the two months that I think would fit in well, but let’s wait and see what the shop says and how the votes go.

MonthּּVotesּּPercent
Marchּּּ14ּּּּּּ17%ּּ
Aprilּּּ29ּּּּּּ35%ּּ
Mayּּּּּ27ּּּּּּ32%ּּ
Juneּּּּ14ּּּּּּ17%ּּ

• BMW Z4
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Chrysler CrossFire
  • Honda S2000
  • Lotus Elise
  • Mazda Miata
  • Mercedes SLK
  • Nissan 350Z/300ZX
  • Pontiac Solstice
  • Porsche Boxster/911
  • Saturn Sky

Thanks for all the interest everyone is showing.
More updates next week,
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

Ok everyone I know the pools are open until March 1st but I want to get things setup. And it keeps bouncing back and forth between April and May. Right now we have a tie with both April and May having 30 votes. A total of 92 votes where submitted. I have called the dyno shop and am now waiting on a response. I am waiting for the follow details, 1. What day can we do, 2. What time will it operate between, 3. How many dynos will we be able to run at the same time, 4. Can we support AWD, 5. What is the maximum number we can fit into a day. This is going to be a blast I hope to see everyone there!!!!!
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #8
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep

The event is set to go please visit here for details: http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232223
2005 BMW K 1200 S
Appreciate 0