01-08-2023, 08:37 PM   #1
rangerws
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Unfortunately, I started a new job with a company car and am selling my X7. From what I can tell online with all of the features I have etc, I’m about 5k lower than other similar models.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mileage is 11,480

Attached Images

Last edited by rangerws; 01-21-2023 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 2
      01-09-2023, 07:25 PM   #2
Saejin
Captain
Rep
Drives: None

Damn. Why does it take so long to order a Range Rover. Any way to keep both…that would be a sweet garage.

Know you just posted this, but will bump you back to the top.

Good luck with the sale…that is a sweet color combo. And the 23” wheels!!!
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2023, 07:53 PM   #3
Herofmine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3, F10535i, 15 M5,340i,X5M

Garage List
2015 X5M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saejin View Post
Damn. Why does it take so long to order a Range Rover. Any way to keep both…that would be a sweet garage.

To be honest X7 way better car than Range Rover, I just sold 2022 Autobiography went $50k over msrp.

Looks good, but I would never pay such money and wait that long, build quality and reliability is trash…

OP Hope you are leasing your Range Rover. Never purchase it, these things fall apart after 2-3 years.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2023, 10:10 PM   #4
Angelo_GraysonMiniBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3,2020 Land Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herofmine View Post
To be honest X7 way better car than Range Rover, I just sold 2022 Autobiography went $50k over msrp.

Looks good, but I would never pay such money and wait that long, build quality and reliability is trash…

OP Hope you are leasing your Range Rover. Never purchase it, these things fall apart after 2-3 years.
Funny you mention this. A good buddy of mine bought the new Range Rover after selling his awesome Land Cruiser that was fully kitted out. He was so excited to finally get it and I swear to you he was over the moon for the first two weeks. After that, he started have a ton of issues and that over the moon feeling went away in a flash. The dealer ended up taking it back because the entire wiring harness needed to be replaced. Boy, he was so pissed off, also because he waited so long to get it. Of course, he finds out that he’s not alone and other owners are having issues, like the electric rear armrest not going back into place. I love Range Rovers when I’m not the owner. They are absolute garbage in terms of actual reliability. My Land Rover air suspension went out twice, that was the last time I’ll ever own one.
Appreciate 1
Herofmine412.50
      01-09-2023, 10:19 PM   #5
Angelo_GraysonMiniBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

In regards to whether you “lost it” or not, it depends if you’re leasing the Range Rover. If you’re buying it, then you’ll become good friends with your service advisor. Some owners get lucky and rarely have issues for the first 50k miles but after that, you’re rolling the dice. You can’t deny Land Rover having the lowest reliability record for a reason but at least the service center experience has gotten better for whatever that’s worth. The new rover is no doubt nice looking.
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2023, 04:40 PM   #6
jaiden3301
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo1 View Post
In regards to whether you “lost it” or not, it depends if you’re leasing the Range Rover. If you’re buying it, then you’ll become good friends with your service advisor. Some owners get lucky and rarely have issues for the first 50k miles but after that, you’re rolling the dice. You can’t deny Land Rover having the lowest reliability record for a reason but at least the service center experience has gotten better for whatever that’s worth. The new rover is no doubt nice looking.
I think the new Rover looks hideous from the rear...not sure what they were thinking. Also, the X7, the split headlights are not desirable either. I dont know what makes these car companies want to try and fix perfection. Both the X7 and the Range Rover, outgoing generations are amazing to look at!
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2023, 06:49 PM   #7
rangerws
Rep

Quote:

Haha. I wish! Would definitely be a sweet garage. And thanks - I love the combo as well!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2023, 06:50 PM   #8
rangerws
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herofmine View Post

Wow - that’s awesome. Congrats on the sale! I definitely agree with the looks of the new RR. The service piece certainly scares me ever so slightly!
Appreciate 1
Herofmine412.50
      01-11-2023, 06:53 PM   #9
rangerws
Rep

Quote:
Funny you mention this. A good buddy of mine bought the new Range Rover after selling his awesome Land Cruiser that was fully kitted out. He was so excited to finally get it and I swear to you he was over the moon for the first two weeks. After that, he started have a ton of issues and that over the moon feeling went away in a flash. The dealer ended up taking it back because the entire wiring harness needed to be replaced. Boy, he was so pissed off, also because he waited so long to get it. Of course, he finds out that he’s not alone and other owners are having issues, like the electric rear armrest not going back into place. I love Range Rovers when I’m not the owner. They are absolute garbage in terms of actual reliability. My Land Rover air suspension went out twice, that was the last time I’ll ever own one.
I hate to hear that. Had high expectations that with the new model they had finally gotten their ducks in a row and ironed out all of the reliability issues! Did he go with another one after the dealer took it back?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2023, 07:52 PM   #10
nivk79
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Great car tho !
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 10:32 AM   #11
rangerws
Rep

***Lowering this to actual MSRP - it was pointed out to me that the ‘WE OWES’ line on the invoice is actually the wheel and tire protection package, which will be cancelled once the car is sold. I can also transfer the package, for the additional cost, if someone is interested!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 03:49 PM   #12
rangerws
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosml67 View Post
Looks gorgeous!
Thanks - I agree, definitely a tough decision!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 03:44 PM   #13
Saejin
Captain
Rep
Drives: None

Are you in a state that allows you to offset the taxes owed on a new car purchase with the amount of your trade in?

If so, may be a better deal if you trade this in on the RR. Not sure what the timing is on the RR arrival or how the sale process is going…just thought I’d throw that out there.

CO does and it came in handy when we traded in our X7 for an SQ5 and the the SQ5 in for our current X7. Makes a good impact on the out the door pricing.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 09:47 PM   #14
rangerws
Rep

Quote:
Are you in a state that allows you to offset the taxes owed on a new car purchase with the amount of your trade in?

If so, may be a better deal if you trade this in on the RR. Not sure what the timing is on the RR arrival or how the sale process is going…just thought I’d throw that out there.

CO does and it came in handy when we traded in our X7 for an SQ5 and the the SQ5 in for our current X7. Makes a good impact on the out the door pricing.
Thanks for the suggestion! And yes - I can do a trade in to offset the taxes or I can use a bill of sale to help offset the them as long as it’s done within 90 days.

And if I don’t sell it before the RR comes in, then I might just keep it and sell the RR!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 11:43 AM   #15
rangerws
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivk79 View Post
Great car tho !
Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2023, 08:03 AM   #16
Angelo_GraysonMiniBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just stopping by to say “well done”! Finally someone who knows how to place an ad. Great looking photos!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2023, 10:26 PM   #17
rangerws
Rep

Quote:
Just stopping by to say “well done”! Finally someone who knows how to place an ad. Great looking photos!
Haha. Thank you - she’s definitely much more beautiful in person!!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 10:32 PM   #18
daoka0
Banned
Rep

Looks very nice.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 08:43 AM   #19
rangerws
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daoka0 View Post
Looks very nice.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 07:31 PM   #20
poldt600
Rep

Lovely ride, goodluck
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 03:06 PM   #21
rangerws
Rep

My loss is your gain! Trying to get this car sold. Surely it has to be be if the better deals out there? Let me know if you have any questions or interest!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 09:46 AM   #22
rangerws
Rep

Decided to keep this car! The RR came in and they replaced the 23’s with 22’s, did not have the correct sound system in it and had the wrong wood grain trim. The response from Landrover was that they didn’t have the inventory on the parts and were missing chips for the sound system - so they substituted with what they thought was the closest options. WTH!! I think I might have dodged one here.

Now to relax and love my new X7!
Appreciate 1
pizza240800.50