Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Marketplace Members Classifieds Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover 2020 M340i RWD Mineral Grey / Oyster, 39.3K miles, 61K MSRP + MPE + JB4 + Extra Tires

01-11-2023, 11:37 AM   #1
HXTX20
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Comp, '23 X5 45E

2020 M340i RWD Mineral Grey / Oyster, 39.3K miles, 61K MSRP + MPE + JB4 + Extra Tires

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Recently completed assumption of a 540i so looking to get sell my current 2020 M340i. See attached window sticker for options/pricing breakdown.

So what complicates all this is that this m340i is currently on a lease with 4 months remaining. UPDATE: Lowering to 40K and I'll pay any taxes for if I need to buy out myself first.

Car has never been tracked, maybe launched 3-4 times total. Has some cosmetic imperfections and I need to take close ups of those but have considered that in my pricing. 2 of the 4 wheels have minor curb rash on a small portion of the wheel. Never smoked in / am a non-smoker. All required maintenance performed slightly before schedule (oil change every 8-9k miles). Maintenance records will be provided.

In addition, the car will come with:
  • Original exhaust only. M-Performance Exhaust has been sold separately since the original post was made
  • Original OEM set of 4 x 225 R19 Pirelli Runflats with about 400-500 miles on them. Current tires are Conti DWS06 Plus All-Season with about 5 to 6/32 tread.
  • Original cerium grey mirror caps, mineral grey trunklid spoiler, cerium grey front grille
  • JB4 (not installed). Previously installed for 2 weeks before taking it off for dealer service. Didn't really notice much difference so I didn't bother to reinstall.

Sold to Autonation

Attached Images

Last edited by HXTX20; 02-14-2023 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 01:15 PM   #2
HXTX20
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Updated price to 40K and I'll pay any taxes for when I have to buy it out first. Willing to part out JB4 and exhaust if anyone is interested.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 03:07 PM   #3
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Folks, unless the cosmetic imperfections are really bad and from the photos it doesn’t look like they are, this car is an absolute steal. If someone from Bimmerpost doesn’t buy this y’all are crazy!!

OP, you should post close ups of the imperfections you mentioned. It would help you sell the car.

You will definitely have to pay sales tax when you buyout the lease. I think you’re too close to maturity to do a lease transfer. If I remember correctly you can’t do it within the last six months. You may have to do the buyout through a dealer, which can complicate things. BMWFS has a new policy regarding this. It isn’t in all states. I’ve gotten mixed answers from folks about whether it applies in Texas. Regardless, BMWFS no longer just releases their lien and sends you the title. They send a form stating the lien is released and authorizing you to apply for a new title in your name. You take that to the DMV and apply for an entirely new title. It can easily add 4+ weeks to the process.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

02-05-2023, 03:33 PM   #4
HXTX20
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Folks, unless the cosmetic imperfections are really bad and from the photos it doesn’t look like they are, this car is an absolute steal. If someone from Bimmerpost doesn’t buy this y’all are crazy!!

OP, you should post close ups of the imperfections you mentioned. It would help you sell the car.

You will definitely have to pay sales tax when you buyout the lease. I think you’re too close to maturity to do a lease transfer. If I remember correctly you can’t do it within the last six months. You may have to do the buyout through a dealer, which can complicate things. BMWFS has a new policy regarding this. It isn’t in all states. I’ve gotten mixed answers from folks about whether it applies in Texas. Regardless, BMWFS no longer just releases their lien and sends you the title. They send a form stating the lien is released and authorizing you to apply for a new title in your name. You take that to the DMV and apply for an entirely new title. It can easily add 4+ weeks to the process.
I appreciate the feedback. At the moment, I'm leaning towards just taking the post down. The exhaust has been sold separately so only the original exhaust is included and has been welded back on. I did receive an offer of 37K from Autonation which would be pretty much the same as what Im asking here minus the taxes and a lot less hassle.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 07:31 PM   #5
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HXTX20 View Post
I appreciate the feedback. At the moment, I'm leaning towards just taking the post down. The exhaust has been sold separately so only the original exhaust is included and has been welded back on. I did receive an offer of 37K from Autonation which would be pretty much the same as what Im asking here minus the taxes and a lot less hassle.
Is the AutoNation a BMW dealership? BMWFS will not allow the buyout of a lease by a non-BMW dealer.

You could probably sell this car yourself for at least a little more than $40k. But, you have to have some time for all of the paperwork to get processed.

02-06-2023, 03:42 PM   #6
Dokl89
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Gorgeous!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 01:53 PM   #7
HXTX20
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Is the AutoNation a BMW dealership? BMWFS will not allow the buyout of a lease by a non-BMW dealer.

You could probably sell this car yourself for at least a little more than $40k. But, you have to have some time for all of the paperwork to get processed.
They don't have to be a BMW dealer but since they have a network of them as I understand you can go to any store and they'll be able to process a buyout with BMW FS.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 03:25 PM   #8
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HXTX20 View Post
They don't have to be a BMW dealer but since they have a network of them as I understand you can go to any store and they'll be able to process a buyout with BMW FS.
I would verify that with BMWFS if it were me.