E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Nitrous Express E91 50 Shot

02-08-2023, 04:27 PM   #1
E91_AKD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91,E36

My dream car, searched for 3 years and found her, to this date I have owned the vehicle for just over 3 months and I am in love. As I said I wouldn’t do I have ended up quickly modifying the car lol. (Never will I be stock lol) with much maxed out it was only right to add a little nitrous so I can have that HP on a switch with reliability through the daily driving. With over 15 years in modifying Armand branded cars I felt safe enough to proceed with I love you necessary safety additions added to the vehicle prior to any mod.
So I just completed my nitrous install on my 2009 328i E91. Just wanted to share a few photos of how it turned out. Not so much a build thread but more so just sharing some eye candy. Thank you for looking
(Parts added prior to nitrous):
-3 Stage Intake Manifold
-aFe Magnum Force intake
-base tune (just to utilize disa and adjustments to powerband flow)
-every single part on upper end including hoses and small to larger gaskets replaced 1k miles ago. Complete bottom end including transmission services done at the same time.
First set of pictures are the parts.
Attached Images

02-08-2023, 06:55 PM   #2
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Nice. Send it!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 09:42 PM   #3
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Nice. How often will you use it?
I’m curious to see how it handles the nitrous and long term effects.
Will check back in a few years. JK.
Appreciate 1
fazm616.50
      02-09-2023, 12:52 AM   #4
E91_AKD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
Nice. How often will you use it?
I’m curious to see how it handles the nitrous and long term effects.
Will check back in a few years. JK.
Maybe a full bottle a year. I literally wanted it just to have it to be completely honest. I've never had issues on any of my previous vehicles with nitrous at 100 shot max, so I figured a 50 shot for a daily who rarely gets spirited driving will be perfect for a few group cruises along the coast per year. I love my maintenance so I feel comfortable with the road ahead.
      02-09-2023, 09:12 AM   #5
E91_AKD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The electrical portion. Relay board. Physical relays under driver footwell. Power and ground to ran to rear to power distribution center. Each wire is 10g to ensure proper and consistent current. Wires for solenoids, heater, purge and switch power ran along side driver door back to power distribution center. Just under the footwell all wire is fed through rubber firewall plunger and just under the cowel.
Attached Images

02-09-2023, 11:53 AM   #6
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Dude, look at you go. Can’t wait to hear your impressions.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 12:12 PM   #7
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Purge and a bottle heater for a 50hp shot? Kind of overkill don't you think?

I've had Nitrous on all kinds of cars over the years. 50hp shots up to 275hp shots.

Honestly, if you aren't doing at least a 75hp shot, you are just wasting your time. You aren't even hardly going to be able to feel a 50hp shot. At least with a 75 or 100hp shot, you know when you hit it.

Or are you mainly doing this just to be able to tell people you have NOS, and run around purging it all the time?

And if you want it too last a year in between bottle fills, don't use it more than twice a month.....less if you purge it all the time.
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph

Last edited by iqraceworks; 02-09-2023 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 12:47 PM   #8
E91_AKD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
Purge and a bottle heater for a 50hp shot? Kind of overkill don't you think?

I've had Nitrous on all kinds of cars over the years. 50hp shots up to 275hp shots.

Honestly, if you aren't doing at least a 75hp shot, you are just wasting your time. You aren't even hardly going to be able to feel a 50hp shot. At least with a 75 or 100hp shot, you know when you hit it.

Or are you mainly doing this just to be able to tell people you have NOS, and run around purging it all the time?
As far as cars in general from how I go about my builds, just to help me sleep at night yes I purged a 50 shot, overkill I’m sure but I would rather always have direct nitrous than many many tiny shots of 50 with air pockets all the time but that’s just how I feel about it. To be straight forward my intentions was merely pure inside satisfaction just to make me smile no matter what or how many different modifications I go with. To think of whether or not something is overkill or if I just want to purge around town has never hit my mind as I drive for myself, alone or with my wife, I don’t attend shows or hangout with any groups I’m antisocial so as far as impressions go it’s all for me. 50 shot may be a waste to many and not punch but that was never my goal. It’s just one more thing I can do to keep my sanity and I’m more for the build than the part itself. The bottle will pretty much be shelved 95% of the years so the real waste lies in “well why even buy it” well just because lol. And for a just because reason for an install I figured 50 shot would suffice to tickle my fancy if ever my spirits are down. It’s all for the hobby brother. Thank you for sharing and sparking a conversation by the way.
      02-09-2023, 12:49 PM   #9
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91_AKD View Post
As far as cars in general from how I go about my builds, just to help me sleep at night yes I purged a 50 shot, overkill I’m sure but I would rather always have direct nitrous than many many tiny shots of 50 with air pockets all the time but that’s just how I feel about it. To be straight forward my intentions was merely pure inside satisfaction just to make me smile no matter what or how many different modifications I go with. To think of whether or not something is overkill or if I just want to purge around town has never hit my mind as I drive for myself, alone or with my wife, I don’t attend shows or hangout with any groups I’m antisocial so as far as impressions go it’s all for me. 50 shot may be a waste to many and not punch but that was never my goal. It’s just one more thing I can do to keep my sanity and I’m more for the build than the part itself. The bottle will pretty much be shelved 95% of the years so the real waste lies in “well why even buy it” well just because lol. And for a just because reason for an install I figured 50 shot would suffice to tickle my fancy if ever my spirits are down. It’s all for the hobby brother. Thank you for sharing and sparking a conversation by the way.
No problem

I will say that it sure looks like you are doing a quality install. Nice wiring, nice relay setup.....nice and clean. I've seen some pretty junky looking nitrous setups on some cars, yours looks top notch
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 12:51 PM   #10
E91_AKD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The switches.
Modified shifter lever and custom ashtray switch panel.
Attached Images

02-09-2023, 12:54 PM   #11
E91_AKD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
No problem

I will say that it sure looks like you are doing a quality install. Nice wiring, nice relay setup.....nice and clean. I've seen some pretty junky looking nitrous setups on some cars, yours looks top notch
As a custom jeweler and install fabricator at a automotive shop I get tedious as far as how the install looks lol cleanliness is a must for me so I can easily maintain and have proper access points and proper quick disconnect portions. I really appreciate it.
Thank you for the retention advice for shelving. I’d say it will be sprayed 5 times a year lol as I work work work and rarely hit a long cruise. I clock about 3,500 miles a year and that’s work and travel if I ever do. Love my insurance rates lol
      02-10-2023, 03:33 AM   #12
e91n52power
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 328i

I Don't know sh...t on nitro. However, that project looks very solid to me Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 10:26 AM   #13
E91_AKD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Here I have the solenoids mounted to a bracket and then mounted under the strut tower. Intake tapped and thread locked with fuel and nitrous lines ran.
Attached Images