BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-16-2023, 10:49 AM   #1
x3mmhh
United_States
Rep
Drives: x3m comp

Garage List
JB4 setup help/question (unkwn code)

finally got around to it and installed a JB4 that i got from FB marketplace… it is the one that came with the wireless connect kit. After initial installation and trying to connect, it was initially locked. I had to send an email to JB4 where they unbinded it from the previous owner and I was able to connect. I am catless, that is the reason for my check engine light. I chose to read the codes for the first time since it was connected anyways to see what was going on. As I said, I already expected to see the catless downpipe codes; however, the two that caught me by surprise were the last two:
108BOA

After doing some research, I couldn’t find much info, other than a thread on an F30 forum suggesting that a power wire to the connect kit was improperly installed. Being that this is a different car, I don’t know if this system is a bit different because my connect kit does not have a red wire at all to begin with. However, like I said, I bought it secondhand, so I am not sure if the previous owner might have miss installed or missed that part, I already went ahead and emailed burger tuning, but I’m trying to seek an answer/resolution myself. Thank you guys for your knowledge and help in advance! Also, I know JB4 is not the fastest software or option by any means. I did not care to be the fastest, just wanted to have a little bit of fun and be in the mix. Thanks again!
-seb
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2023, 02:35 AM   #2
f30.simon
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3mmhh View Post
finally got around to it and installed a JB4 that i got from FB marketplace… it is the one that came with the wireless connect kit. After initial installation and trying to connect, it was initially locked. I had to send an email to JB4 where they unbinded it from the previous owner and I was able to connect. I am catless, that is the reason for my check engine light. I chose to read the codes for the first time since it was connected anyways to see what was going on. As I said, I already expected to see the catless downpipe codes; however, the two that caught me by surprise were the last two:
108BOA

After doing some research, I couldn’t find much info, other than a thread on an F30 forum suggesting that a power wire to the connect kit was improperly installed. Being that this is a different car, I don’t know if this system is a bit different because my connect kit does not have a red wire at all to begin with. However, like I said, I bought it secondhand, so I am not sure if the previous owner might have miss installed or missed that part, I already went ahead and emailed burger tuning, but I’m trying to seek an answer/resolution myself. Thank you guys for your knowledge and help in advance! Also, I know JB4 is not the fastest software or option by any means. I did not care to be the fastest, just wanted to have a little bit of fun and be in the mix. Thanks again!
-seb
I'm having a similar issue, I bought my jb4 brand new for my 2018 bmw 330xi less than 4 months ago. No issues until now.

Shown codes:
121001 TMAP SENSOR, short circuit to B+
108B0A (unknown)
108004 (unknown)

This may be a common problem with this piggyback... Others say it's a common problem with the jb4 cables connecting with the tmap sensor, or a bad tmap sensor that is due for replacing, or the bluetooth adapter installed in the jb4.
The unknown codes may be a jb4 error code. I'm gonna try and find something and what they're related to before i spend money on sensors.
Appreciate 0