BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-18-2023, 05:22 PM   #1
thepianist1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Aftermarket PDC sensor-based braking, adjusting safety settings, and other

1) Is it possible to install aftermarket PDC and cross traffic collision avoidance braking at speeds below 10 mph? My X3 does not have the parking assistance plus/pro option, so I only have the standard Parking Distance Control. If X3 is driving forward, reverse, or turning under 10 mph, it will hit the object and run it over. The active PDC braking feature included in the parking assistance plus package seems like such an important safety feature that should come standard on the X3 along with forward collision mitgation. Is there any way I can install an aftermarket braking feature, i.e. when sensors are red, apply brake?
2) Is it possible to adjust lane keep assist to city driving by reducing activation speeds to below 40 mph? I drive in fairly windy and hilly roads with speed limits at 30-35mph so at I would hope that the lane keep and steering intervention would activate at 35mph so I wouldn't accidentally drive past the double yellow lines and into oncoming traffic
3) How do I download the most up to date navigation data if the dealer won't download and install it for me?
4) I have two driver profiles on my X3, one is assigned to my key, the other is a second profile not assigned to any key. Is it possible to set my driver profile and configurations as always the default (mirrors, seat position)? I tried but for some reason the mirrors would always reset to the second profile.
5) Did the G01 X3 get rid of the aux input entirely and only input is USB?
Appreciate 0