F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Cowl + Seat belt extender
ARMA SPEED

03-31-2023, 07:50 PM   #1
MNML
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 430iX

Cowl + Seat belt extender

Hey Folks. Happy Friday!
2.5 questions.
1. I broke the seat belt extender on the driver's side. I was getting in and it didn't retract in time. Just the extender part snapped in half. It still comes out, but obviously the extender part of broken. Is this a big job or do I just replace that part? I see, this one for example, and curious if it's just something I can do on my own or need to take in?
https://************/3r6jjeux

2. I bought a replacement cowl, but have been delaying installing it. Seems rather easy based on YT videos, but my hands grow out of my a%%, so I am curious if it's something I can do on my own.
And also the top part above the windshield seal is cracking. It's not like the cowl where I can just replace it. Do I need to take this to an auto-glass place or what? No clue how to get that fixed!

Btw, it's a 2019 430iX coupe.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 08:02 PM   #2
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

i’m about to do my windshield cowl replacement, i was going to buy a puller tool for the windshield arms which you need for the job. i ended up not buying it cause it was a 2 week wait to get it from UK, i have an appointment booked with my shop to get an oil change so I decided to just have them put it in for me.

its definetly doable, i’ve even seen guys like thic whips pull the arms with wrenches instead of a puller. that being said, i’m very confident in my DIY skills and was still a bit paranoid about the job, I really don’t want to crack my windshield which isn’t cheap to replace haha.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 10:12 PM   #3
MNML
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 430iX

I see. Well, may be I'll just have them do it when I do my 40K mile service. Doesn't take a long time if being done by pros
Appreciate 0