BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-16-2023, 04:35 PM   #1
thara01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C300

CarPlay audio resume

2023 X5 45e

Driving the car for past 5 months. I Use Apple CarPlay and Spotify for the songs. As much as I remember I don’t had to resume playing songs from the carplay spotify whenever I start the car. But recently 2-3 weeks, I am noticing that I have to play every time I start the car. Sometimes the CarPlay takes few minutes to show up on the dash to connect. Anyone experiencing this issue?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 08:27 PM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
MY21 45e

no issues with CarPlay connection. in fact, it usually connects before I even get to settle in after closing the door (iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16.4)

as for auto-play, I noticed if I’m running several in-and-out errands, it will automatically resume whatever was playing before once connected via CarPlay, but after the third or fourth errand, I have to press play on the iPhone
Appreciate 1
thara0121.50
      04-17-2023, 06:59 AM   #3
FastMarkA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e M-Sport

I'm experiencing similar, the chance it connects and resumes playing Spotify via CarPlay is 50/50 at best.

Moreover, it now seems I have to + or - the volume on the car to get it to play, almost as if it's muted until I press the button.

I've looked through all settings on both the car and in the CarPlay menu on my phone, and I can't really find anything new/different.

I give credit to BMW for being the first to bring us wireless CarPlay, but it has been fidgety in ALL 3 X5s of mine that have had it.
Appreciate 0