E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Quick ? regarding the wastegate rattle.....

01-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
sdeprima
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quick ? regarding the wastegate rattle.....

Hey guys, quick question for anyone who has dealt with the loose actuator regarding the wastegate. While I have noticed a rattle when the revs drop, its not very apparent and I'm not sure if i could replicate it at the dealership. But i did open the hood and stuck my hand in there and shook the actuator arm, and it is definitely loose. So my question is if i go to the dealership and say stick your hand in there and feel the excessive free play on the arm, will that be enough for them to replace it, or are they going to have to replicate the actual noise. the noise comes and goes for me, so i guess the bottom line is that is the actuator visibly being loose grounds for a warranty repair. Also, is this possibly a problem with the other wastegate actuator as well, I've only read about the "one" wastegate? Thanks for any help and feedback guys. New to the forum and love it so far, so much more helpful information than i've found on other forums i've been on. cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeprima View Post
Hey guys, quick question for anyone who has dealt with the loose actuator regarding the wastegate. While I have noticed a rattle when the revs drop, its not very apparent and I'm not sure if i could replicate it at the dealership. But i did open the hood and stuck my hand in there and shook the actuator arm, and it is definitely loose. So my question is if i go to the dealership and say stick your hand in there and feel the excessive free play on the arm, will that be enough for them to replace it, or are they going to have to replicate the actual noise. the noise comes and goes for me, so i guess the bottom line is that is the actuator visibly being loose grounds for a warranty repair. Also, is this possibly a problem with the other wastegate actuator as well, I've only read about the "one" wastegate? Thanks for any help and feedback guys. New to the forum and love it so far, so much more helpful information than i've found on other forums i've been on. cheers.
Well... I would just advise you to wait and see if it gets worse... if it really bothers you, go ahead and take it in and tell them exactly what you just wrote...

The loose wastegates aren't going to hurt anything, so really there's no rush...

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife
Appreciate 0