E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Checking Back in After a year away from Procede v. 2.0

01-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
SW335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Checking Back in After a year away from Procede v. 2.0

Hey all. I have a 335 Sedan and had 1.47 on it and could not wait to put a "procede on my procede". Well, I could not leave well enough alone and I was an early 2.0 guy and I was one of those guys who had "hiccups" with the 2.0 on my system. It would bog and ping and lose power unexpectedly. I was told that my Procede needed to be returned for a new one and that this was something that was learned during development. I took it off instead.

This was a year ago, and Dustin was quite nice about it, and offered to re-install for free after the unit was updated (I paid for install, I don't do work on cars anymore), i was nervous, however, as the pitch (sound) of my turbos changed after putting 2.0 on it and I was really nervous that something had happened. So, I took of the procede and went back to stock. I still love my car, but I always have that itch...

My lease is almost up on this car, and I'm so in love with the 335 that I'm likely going to get another one, this time a coupe with CPO. The question is whether I put a procede back in or Dinan.

Is the procede product error free, and I'm talking totally 100% no issues whatsoever on older versions like 2.0. (think APR for a 1.8t) If anyone can give me perspective (without a flame war) please let me know. I'm looking for objective differences between 2.0 and Dinan and smoothness. I don't need the most power (damn differential wont put it down anyway) I want smooooth power and no hicccups.

Thanks in advance. Please no wars.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

why dont you just buy JB3 ? i have never heard anyone complain about that product and it gives you an amazing horsepower and torque for that price.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
sd390r
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
get the procede lite or jb3, sounds like you just want some extra power with not too much else

try it out, should be 99% error free with either
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Or, don't buy either! Get an M3, less trouble and handles better
      01-20-2009, 12:16 AM   #5
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW335 View Post
Hey all. I have a 335 Sedan and had 1.47 on it and could not wait to put a "procede on my procede". Well, I could not leave well enough alone and I was an early 2.0 guy and I was one of those guys who had "hiccups" with the 2.0 on my system. It would bog and ping and lose power unexpectedly. I was told that my Procede needed to be returned for a new one and that this was something that was learned during development. I took it off instead.

This was a year ago, and Dustin was quite nice about it, and offered to re-install for free after the unit was updated (I paid for install, I don't do work on cars anymore), i was nervous, however, as the pitch (sound) of my turbos changed after putting 2.0 on it and I was really nervous that something had happened. So, I took of the procede and went back to stock. I still love my car, but I always have that itch...

My lease is almost up on this car, and I'm so in love with the 335 that I'm likely going to get another one, this time a coupe with CPO. The question is whether I put a procede back in or Dinan.

Is the procede product error free, and I'm talking totally 100% no issues whatsoever on older versions like 2.0. (think APR for a 1.8t) If anyone can give me perspective (without a flame war) please let me know. I'm looking for objective differences between 2.0 and Dinan and smoothness. I don't need the most power (damn differential wont put it down anyway) I want smooooth power and no hicccups.

Thanks in advance. Please no wars.
My suggestion: Just re-install the PROcede. Run the latest v2 maps and you'll be set. No issues. Other option is to upgrade to v3. Not only will you get a PnP harness, you will also get many new features and improved drivability, performance and safety. No need to buy another tune or another car

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 12:21 AM   #6
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
My suggestion: Just re-install the PROcede. Run the latest v2 maps and you'll be set. No issues. Other option is to upgrade to v3. Not only will you get a PnP harness, you will also get many new features and improved drivability, performance and safety. No need to buy another tune or another car

Shiv

Big 2nd... Since you are the original owner of your proceed you should be eligible for the discounted Plug and Play Harness.

If you ever go to meets in the Bay Area I am sure there are people who can assist in the Plug and Play Install, I think I have it down to about 20 minutes now, and that's taking my sweet ass time.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 08:09 AM   #7
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

If you're happy with the procede I would definitely upgrade to the new Rev II 3.2. Shiv has added some interesting features. I think its a very different tune now from the v2 and it also has the PnP harness which IMO is a must to have these days for ease of install and removal.

Your other two options would be the JB3 and Xede

Mike
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 08:10 AM   #8
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
If you're happy with the procede I would definitely upgrade to the new Rev II 3.2. Shiv has added some interesting features. I think its a very different tune now from the v2 and it also has the PnP harness which IMO is a must to have these days for ease of install and removal.

Your other two options would be the JB3 and Xede

Mike
+1 !
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #9
**335i**
Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: TOYOTA & 2008 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2008 335i  [9.00]
is there any video installation for Rev II, was looking on a vishnu site but couldnt find, only old videos, curiuos to compare to this
is the same or easier

p.s maybe somebody who will install it soon can do a video and make it online?

thanks in advance
E92 335i Black Saphire 6MT PROcede V5, BMS DCI, Big Tom IC, AR CL-DP's 3", AR Design OC, Forge DV's, OEM M3 side skirts, BMW Performance Wheels 19 inch 269 Black Gloss+Continental ContiSportContact 5P (400hp and 550nm) https://www.youtube.com/user/aistis7..._as=subscriber
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #10
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
If you're happy with the procede I would definitely upgrade to the new Rev II 3.2.
No need to go to the Rev II as he already has the Rev I and adding the PnP harness would be more than enough for him.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #11
SW335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Help me out, does the PNP make installation way easier than it used to be? Such that someone without time or expertise can put the Procede in easily and take it out (and yes, I konw everyone felt that it was always easy to do it).
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #12
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW335 View Post
Help me out, does the PNP make installation way easier than it used to be? Such that someone without time or expertise can put the Procede in easily and take it out (and yes, I konw everyone felt that it was always easy to do it).
It does make the interaction with the DME much easier. But the same routine occurs to get to the actual DME. If that provides any insight.
Appreciate 0