BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
ZweierCoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Yes, of course the coupé will be built!

The February issue of AutoBild SportsCars confirms again that the small BMW coupé will be built. In fact, the article claims that the small coupé genre will experience a renaissance of sorts. For instance, Mercedes is planning something similar, and Audi is floating the idea of an R4, with rear engine.

http://www.autobild.de/erlkoenige/ne...tikel_id=13183

Purportedly, it will debut with a new 2 liter engine (turbo and direct injection is the only thing that makes sense, as in the Mini Cooper S or Audi S3), and next year the M version, featuring the popular 3.2 liter inside the current M3, shall be introduced. This M-car will purportedly rival the 911 in terms of acceleration and speed.

With respect to branding and marketing, perhaps BMW will take a lesson from Porsche (which mades a Cayman out of a Boxster) and call the new coupé a Zweier. I presume they'll introduce this new 2-door at the Frankfurt Auto Fair this September.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

I wish someone would translate the whole article But as far as competing with a 911, thats a bit too much wishful-thinking. :iono:
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
itsmeness
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZweierCoupe View Post
The February issue of AutoBild SportsCars confirms again that the small BMW coupé will be built. In fact, the article claims that the small coupé genre will experience a renaissance of sorts. For instance, Mercedes is planning something similar, and Audi is floating the idea of an R4, with rear engine.

http://www.autobild.de/erlkoenige/ne...tikel_id=13183

Purportedly, it will debut with a new 2 liter engine (turbo and direct injection is the only thing that makes sense, as in the Mini Cooper S or Audi S3), and next year the M version, featuring the popular 3.2 liter inside the current M3, shall be introduced. This M-car will purportedly rival the 911 in terms of acceleration and speed.

With respect to branding and marketing, perhaps BMW will take a lesson from Porsche (which mades a Cayman out of a Boxster) and call the new coupé a Zweier. I presume they'll introduce this new 2-door at the Frankfurt Auto Fair this September.
How can it compete against a 911!!! Bt I do hope they put the new turbo engine into the bay to compete against the EVO X
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

I totally agree. I've been waiting forever on Germany's answer to the Evo and STI!!!! Hopefully the //M version which i believe will have the 335i motor will kick some a**.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
Declan
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
I totally agree. I've been waiting forever on Germany's answer to the Evo and STI!!!! Hopefully the //M version which i believe will have the 335i motor will kick some a**.
the N54 turbo engine from the 335i in this car will be just nuts! They've already got the 135i hatchback in europe so I don't see why the coupe version for north america won't get it too :headbang:
Appreciate 0