BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-19-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

More 1er coupe spyshots March 19th

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...est-photos-yet
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
ibn
Rep
Drives:

here's the picture...

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 08:19 PM   #3
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

The above picture is a photoshop.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
The above picture is a photoshop.
What makes you think that? Just curious, as the above shot shares a lot of details with the other shot, including door sill shape and, more importantly, rear quarter window shape. All shots up to now have masked the rear quarter window, yet both of these shots appear to have the same shape. If you know for sure it's a PS, it would be good to know how you know...

The posture of the car in the shot below is a little more aggressive - could be camera angle or that it's sporting bigger wheels.

You figure the guy pumping gas has a cheeseburger waiting for him back in the store?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 09:53 PM   #5
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

If you go to worldcarfans.com they say. "The prototypes still have some disguise, but the first photo (red car) is showing the car in full showroom trim with some cladding removed by computer."

I do agree with you. The car at the bottom does look more aggresive. I cant wait to see what the rear looks like. It seems to have that roundish trunklid like the current 3 series 4dr.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #6
bum944
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

The tail light section looks very Audi to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #7
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
If you go to worldcarfans.com they say. "The prototypes still have some disguise, but the first photo (red car) is showing the car in full showroom trim with some cladding removed by computer.
Thanks for the clarification. Do you know if that applies to both photos or just the frontal shot? I wonder if the rear quarter window is real or PS. It's pretty key in defining the car's look. I don't find the window's shape offensive, but I'd need to see more photos to be reassured that it is well integrated and doesn't interrupt an otherwise very tidy overall shape.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 08:00 PM   #8
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudwest View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Do you know if that applies to both photos or just the frontal shot? I wonder if the rear quarter window is real or PS. It's pretty key in defining the car's look. I don't find the window's shape offensive, but I'd need to see more photos to be reassured that it is well integrated and doesn't interrupt an otherwise very tidy overall shape.

No problem. The only photoshopped one is the orange one at the very top with the pole in the picture. They created what they believe the front bumper will look like. I personally think there is a great deal off in the photoshop.(or at least im hoping) I'm worried about the the car flowing also. Look at it like this, the spypics we first saw in february looks a lot diff. that the car at the gas pump.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 11:54 AM   #9
kway
BMW CCA# 144245
Rep
Drives:

Boy, that top photo sure isn't a very flattering one. The car just has an awkward look about it to me, but those hideous wheels certainly don't do it any favors. I keep saying to myself, "It's only a photoshop, it's only a photoshop." I think it's mostly in the rear, with that downward slope of the decklid, and an almost truncated look about the back end. Most likely poor photoshop work. The gas pump pic looks quite a bit more promising, I like the clearly defined Hofmeister kink and aggressive stance. We're getting close to the real deal though!:roundel:
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 12:16 PM   #10
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kway View Post
Boy, that top photo sure isn't a very flattering one. The car just has an awkward look about it to me, but those hideous wheels certainly don't do it any favors. I keep saying to myself, "It's only a photoshop, it's only a photoshop." I think it's mostly in the rear, with that downward slope at the trailing edge of the decklid, and an almost truncated look about the back end. Most likely poor photoshop work. The gas pump pic looks quite a bit more promising, I like the clearly defined Hofmeister kink and aggressive stance. We're getting close to the real deal though!:roundel:

I agree 100%. Its only a photoshop, only a photoshop, lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #11
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Quote:
No problem. The only photoshopped one is the orange one at the very top with the pole in the picture. They created what they believe the front bumper will look like. I personally think there is a great deal off in the photoshop.(or at least im hoping) I'm worried about the the car flowing also. Look at it like this, the spypics we first saw in february looks a lot diff. that the car at the gas pump.
You're right- the orange is a photoshop.
The red car is absolutely real...the car's rear is taped because BMW wants to play up the drama between it being designated either a "1" or a "2".

Also- if you look at the surroundings of the red car, this is a photo set. Especially apparent on the side/front photo with
The different gas pumps, the Model A Ford in the background, and as Scott27 was saying there's a 2002 model BMW hidden on the other side of the pumps...
so, bottomline, for once everything in the photo is bogus except for the car rather than the other way around.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 08:50 PM   #12
Brookside
Major
Rep

Scott27: Commenting on the publicity shots being assembled world-wide for the 1-er coupe on a GCZ thread-
(Shooting begins March 22 (Thursday in San Francisco) same red car in the desert photo shoot), " Round about the Golden Gate and Bay area , neighbouring Marin County and somewhere in the City. Until next Thursday.

Sydney starts shooting tonight will take in Darling harbour , Opera House , Sydney harbour Bridge (permission for a fly-by."
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2007, 05:21 AM   #13
kere
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: -

Wow! I really like the aggressive look from the rear but I really really hope that the front doesn't look like that. Yes, it's a PS and a poor one but I guess there is a chance that it will look like that (=current 1er).
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2007, 09:52 AM   #14
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
as Scott27 was saying there's a 2002 model BMW hidden on the other side of the pumps....
With a 2002 on site for the photo shoot, can were surmise that there will be a strong nostalgic linkage made between the two and that, as a result, there is good chance it will be called the "2-series"? Hard to imagine making a link to the 2002 and calling the car the 1-series...... Just me?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #15
Brookside
Major
Rep

Everything I've read lately says that nomenclature is settled:it'll be called the "1" series coupe.
I read somewhere that there were two sets of badges...1&2 for the car and that it was finally decided to stay with the 1-er lineage.

Scott27 and others have talked about the heritage thing, linking it up with the 2002.
But the 2002 is so far in the past I wonder how many present day BMW drivers have first-hand knowledge of the car?
I'm sure they have many good reasons but it seems sort of cloudy to me to trot out the 2002 and the "1" together when the "2" option was always there.

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 06:37 AM   #16
Brookside
Major
Rep

The drama will soon be over when we start seeing more spy-pics sans camo.
Scott27 has posted the places the 1-er coupe will be shooting press photos (eg, this week in San Francisco and Sydney Australia).
Some intrepid photographer is bound to catch more pics. I think the whole thing will be settled in the next week.

This is how crazy cat and mouse it is...the quote is from a photographer in SF trying to hunt down the 1-er shoot and Scott27 giving him hints.

Quote:
However my source says it was an Audi shoot. Is BMW sneaky enough to officially shoot their pics under "Audi"?

Scott 27:YES. You missed the car at DeYoung it was moved to and from location in that trailer did you see the accompanying BMW X5 (E70)?

So basically Scott's revealed that BMW is filing permits with the location's
local government as "Audi" and to look for a trailer and X5. This is pretty outrageous. BMW is actually tipping off amateurs working the hype and press angle...I think mostly for internet exposure among the rabid fans (ahem-ahem). I used to think that Scott27 had lines into BMW for his info but I'm 90% sure now he works for them on various projects and "unofficially" is their internet mouthpiece.

Someone could do a pretty interesting research piece on how info...specialized/targeted is leaked to the world via sites like this one.
It seems to me that this is a huge new trend in the dissemination of news...global and immediate.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #17
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Wow this is great news. I really do hope they catch some more pics within the next week. Hide in the bushes!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #18
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

[QUOTE]
The drama will soon be over when we start seeing more spy-pics sans camo.
Scott27 has posted the places the 1-er coupe will be shooting press photos (eg, this week in San Francisco and Sydney Australia).
Some intrepid photographer is bound to catch more pics. I think the whole thing will be settled in the next week.

This is how crazy cat and mouse it is...the quote is from a photographer in SF trying to hunt down the 1-er shoot and Scott27 giving him hints.

Quote:
However my source says it was an Audi shoot. Is BMW sneaky enough to officially shoot their pics under "Audi"?

Scott 27:YES. You missed the car at DeYoung it was moved to and from location in that trailer did you see the accompanying BMW X5 (E70)?

So basically Scott's revealed that BMW is filing permits with the location's
local government as "Audi" and to look for a trailer and X5. This is pretty outrageous. BMW is actually tipping off amateurs working the hype and press angle...I think mostly for internet exposure among the rabid fans (ahem-ahem).

To put off quite a lot of auto photographers from magazines who are effectively Waiting for us. we list ourselves as other car companies .
Early next month when we arrive in Tokyo and New York to film the MINI Clubman we are a Chinese company partially because no one will probably care.

We do not mind amateurs getting their pictures because we actually get some exposure in the last week hence the scoop of the 1er Coupe, that orders have piled into German BMW centers , The UK has had a very good interest and we expect when we launch the car in a couple of months and announce availablility for the North American and Canadian market that there will be a sizeablle increase form the interest arising from the early indications that these markets will receive the 1er coupe and cabrio models.

What we do mind is deliberate attempts to stop us when we are working basically logistically each film shoot is very expensive and we get a window of location work for two weeks. To begin with we have to negotiate with local authorities , government , mayors office Police etc to close off streets , roads. In some occassions time and light can be against us so we want to be done and dusted within this timeframe. For example we are shooting some MINI Clubman inserts in a Manhattan street in the early hours of the Morning as filming will be impossible at any other time.

I used to think that Scott27 had lines into BMW for his info but I'm 90% sure now he works for them on various projects and "unofficially" is their internet mouthpiece

I work in marketing and on various projects relating to the media for example when you see a BMW presentation many have come from the creative side of my brain. At the bequest of my employers. It is basically intentionally "creative marketing" everybody does it how else do magazines get their sources in relating to "whats coming from...." We subliminally connect information relating cars to additional speculation and and watch and monitor the debate. This is significant to us marketing the car to the right demographic through image,culture,music and lifestyle in our campaigns.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 06:26 AM   #19
Brookside
Major
Rep

Ladies and Gentlemen...Scott26.
A big-time welcome to you sir.
I hope you will continue to contribute to these forums.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 03:20 PM   #20
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen...Scott26.
A big-time welcome to you sir.
I hope you will continue to contribute to these forums.
Thanks... If I am not to busy...

Today I seen the first raw footage of some of the Sydney shoot.
Lost for words a nice driving shot of the Coupe on the Harbour bridge at sunset angel-eyes illuminated the first night lights of sydney begin to illuminate. reflecting a nice orange glow that illuminates the background ocean and the car. Although it has still to be edited and mixed with sound and music - Chilled out jazzy lounge breakbeats.
But we have plenty of Skyscaper shots by pointing a camera upwards and driving around the city - One my personal favorites is the beginning a finger presses the Start button and a traffic light goes green. Then the sun goes down and then the car is seen at night cruising the streets in which the music changes to very electronic fast beats again skyscrapers at night , climaxing in a stop outside the Opera house. The whole idea is to capture the energy , youth , desirability,image and expectation of the new Coupe .
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #21
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Lost for words a nice driving shot of the Coupe on the Harbour bridge at sunset angel-eyes illuminated the first night lights of sydney begin to illuminate. reflecting a nice orange glow that illuminates the background ocean and the car. Although it has still to be edited and mixed with sound and music - Chilled out jazzy lounge breakbeats.
But we have plenty of Skyscaper shots by pointing a camera upwards and driving around the city - One my personal favorites is the beginning a finger presses the Start button and a traffic light goes green. Then the sun goes down and then the car is seen at night cruising the streets in which the music changes to very electronic fast beats again skyscrapers at night , climaxing in a stop outside the Opera house. The whole idea is to capture the energy , youth , desirability,image and expectation of the new Coupe .

Awesome man!! So glad to have someone as knowledgable as you on here. All your input and posts are most appreciated!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 04:22 AM   #22
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

It is good to see you on board :headbang: . Do you think we are still on for a May release of more info and pics?
Appreciate 0