bbari
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Garage List
BMW  [0.00]
HK Setting

I have the above and have noticed that the base goes really strong when there are other passengers in the car. It has happened 3 times that's why i don't think it was due to the songs being played at the time. I don't think that's the case but is there any special settings specifically when the vehicle has 5 passengers?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 08:59 PM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
first I’ve heard of bass response dependent on passenger number. I have a 2021 45e with HK, but the audio system doesn’t change with different passenger numbers (anywhere from myself to 5 total)
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 03:57 AM   #3
bbari
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep

Garage List
BMW  [0.00]
OK. It could just be the song played then. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 07:42 AM   #4
streborx
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X7 M50i

It seems possible that filling the vehicle's interior space could have the effect you experienced. Speaker box volume determines frequency response in bass reflex and ported design. It would be interesting to repeat the experiment and hear the consequences of lowering all the windows.
Appreciate 2
bbari23.00
      08-01-2023, 06:27 PM   #5
bbari
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep

Garage List
BMW  [0.00]
Another question.

When I make a whatsapp call, I can see the call screen on my phone but when I make a normal call, it doesn't show any call on the phone but only on the car. I have Samsung S22 Ultra.
Does anyone with S22 confirm if they have this issue as well?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 07:35 PM   #6
GerryC
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i, BMW X5x40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbari View Post
Another question.

When I make a whatsapp call, I can see the call screen on my phone but when I make a normal call, it doesn't show any call on the phone but only on the car. I have Samsung S22 Ultra.
Does anyone with S22 confirm if they have this issue as well?
It's difference in Bluetooth profiles. The BT phone profile provides full function through the car's phone user interface so it doesn't show on the phone. Whatsapp is likely using a generic audio out/mic in BT application profile. Since the car doesn't have a native interface for Whatsapp and a Whatsapp specific BT profile, it shows up on the phone so you have full access to the app's interface.
      08-02-2023, 04:52 PM   #7
bbari
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep

Garage List
BMW  [0.00]
Do you know if there is a way to show it on the phone as I find it easier that way?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 08:19 PM   #8
GerryC
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i, BMW X5x40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbari View Post
Do you know if there is a way to show it on the phone as I find it easier that way?
I don't know any way to change which BT profile gets used between your phone and car. My understanding is the profile is set by an identifier in the device (in this case: the car) that connects to your phone.

My only suggestion would be to either disconnect BT and just use speakerphone mode or get an aftermarket BT speakerphone unit. The first option may have audio quality issues relying on the phones mic and speakers.

The second, I haven't seen in a while (but I haven't looked either) but worked fairly well. I used one in my E46 many years ago. It was a small unit that clipped to the visor and had an integrated mic and speaker. It connected and behaved just like a pair of earbuds. The downside was finding a way to run power to it or remember to recharge it. The battery would typically last for a few days.

Since I've had BT in the car, that's all I've used. And to be fair, I make or take very few calls while driving. I find it distracting and it can almost always wait until I stop.
bbari23.00
      08-03-2023, 02:34 AM   #9
bbari
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep

Garage List
BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryC View Post
I don't know any way to change which BT profile gets used between your phone and car. My understanding is the profile is set by an identifier in the device (in this case: the car) that connects to your phone.

My only suggestion would be to either disconnect BT and just use speakerphone mode or get an aftermarket BT speakerphone unit. The first option may have audio quality issues relying on the phones mic and speakers.

The second, I haven't seen in a while (but I haven't looked either) but worked fairly well. I used one in my E46 many years ago. It was a small unit that clipped to the visor and had an integrated mic and speaker. It connected and behaved just like a pair of earbuds. The downside was finding a way to run power to it or remember to recharge it. The battery would typically last for a few days.

Since I've had BT in the car, that's all I've used. And to be fair, I make or take very few calls while driving. I find it distracting and it can almost always wait until I stop.
Thank you
Appreciate 0