BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #1
Spoonie
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X MR

Will a Rear Power Sunshade be available?

I have Power Rear Sunshade now and I can't imagine life without one.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
kindtree
Private
Rep
Drives:

A power rear sunshade? What is that? Won't tint do just fine?
      07-18-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Doubtful that the 1er coupe will see that rear sunshade option.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
kgmadorin
Registered
Rep
Drives:

I've never understood the rear sunshade. What use is it except for rear seat passengers? Always seemed like a waste of money to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #5
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Actually, my mom has the power rear shade in her Mercedes. I was driving and I put it down just to see a reaction. Two people in the back asked me to put it back, because you can feel the heat frying your neck. Keep in mind her car dosent have tint. So I dont know if you still feel the heat difference with the power shade AND tinted windows.
      07-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

My M3 and 01 330 both had (have) it and I like it for the rear seat passengers and also to save the interior.

I dought the 1er will have it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #7
Spoonie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmadorin View Post
I've never understood the rear sunshade. What use is it except for rear seat passengers? Always seemed like a waste of money to me.
Keeps the interior cooler, Prevents SUV headlights from baking the back of your neck at a stop light, Privacy.

Just because you don’t have a use for it, doesn't mean that it isn't useful. There are more people in the world than just you, and those folks have different needs/wants than you do. Is that OK?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #8
Spoonie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindtree View Post
A power rear sunshade? What is that? Won't tint do just fine?
Power Sunshade? Look it up if you don't know what it is. And no, tint won't do just fine. I'm not a fan of window tint (kinda ghetto IMO). Neither are the Police.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 09:30 AM   #9
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonie View Post
Power Sunshade? Look it up if you don't know what it is. And no, tint won't do just fine. I'm not a fan of window tint (kinda ghetto IMO). Neither are the Police.
Someone has a little attitude this morning. If you live in states other than NY, anything to further add cooling affect is great. When the hell did window tint become ghetto?? Police arent fans of fast cars either.
      07-19-2007, 10:01 AM   #10
Spoonie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Someone has a little attitude this morning.

Sorry about that. I get that way sometimes when people attempt to tell me that what I like and enjoy is a waste. When it isn't!

Quote:
If you live in states other than NY, anything to further add cooling affect is great.

Exactly! I’m not sure why people dismiss the Sun-Shade as not being useful.

Quote:
When the hell did window tint become ghetto??

Maybe Ghetto wasn’t the correct term, but look at all the ghettoe’d Honda’s out there and let us know what percentage of those cars have tint. Light tint is fine but the dark tint looks about as tacky as “fuzzy dice” IMO. Dark tint is fine for limos but anything other than that, it starts to look a little tacky IMO.

Quote:
Police arent fans of fast cars either.

Yeah but they won’t pull you over because you are driving a fast car. They will pull you over for tints. Dark Tinted windows give the Police a reason to pull you over and inconvenience you.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 10:06 AM   #11
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

[quote=Spoonie;7822]
Sorry about that. I get that way sometimes when people attempt to tell me that what I like and enjoy is a waste. When it isn't!

I see where your coming from. The same thing kinda happened to me when I asked who was considering wood trim in there 1 coupe..lol I think I want this car to be the WHOLE package for me. Nice with wood, leather, and be fast as hell. Yeah REALLY DARK is a little bit over the top. I currently dont have tint on my car b/c im lazy but it sure would come in handy during the summer.
      07-19-2007, 12:09 PM   #12
968PORSCHE
968PORSCHE
United_States
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE 968

I agree the sunshade is a good idea, especially for those darn SUV headlights. I would still get it tinted. (I have extensive window film experience) You can get tint in all shades from clear to "Limo". One of the really light films will give the appearance of just barely being tinted and will keep out ultra violet light which is what kills the interior. (Talk about loosing resale value!) I'm talking about a film that is very light here. So go have a look at a local shop that does it and I'm sure you will realize lots of cars are tinted that you thought were not. You can look on some web sites, but it is the kind of thing that is difficult to photograph. A light tint is very classy and will not give you that ghetto look.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #13
968PORSCHE
968PORSCHE
United_States
Rep

One more thing: if the tint is light, cops will not even notice. So long as they can see you well it will not even cross their mind.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #14
968PORSCHE
968PORSCHE
United_States
Rep

This guy has som ok pictures. there is a red Subi wagon with some fairly light tint on the fronts, but the rears are dark. You can go even lighter than this and still get 100% of the UV protection and also reduce the heat in the car in the summer. http://www.tintdude.com/cartintpics2.html
Appreciate 0