BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
Osage
Private
Rep
Drives:

Does the automatic tranny have paddle shifters?

New to the forum, and I've attempted to search for an answer to this but came up empty. Will the automatic transmission have a semi-manual shifting mode?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
NickmanBMW
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

why yes it does....

Im assuming bmw is using the same automatic transmission as the 335i. This new Tranny apparently shifts as quickly as the SMG, but is a lot smoother. With the sport package of the 335i, paddle shifters are included... so im also assuming that the 135i will have a similar option. It is very tempting to get the automatic when i buy as my parents used to have an e46 SMG, and in San Diego traffic it is very nice to switch to automatic and not deal w/ a clutch. But I can't help to not think about driving on the autobahn, tearin it up with a traditional 6 speed manual. Anyone else planning on euro delivery this spring?

Appreciate 0