BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-23-2007, 01:50 AM   #1
CATS
Registered
Rep
Drives:

MY 2008 Changes for 3/5 door

Does anyone know if there are any changes to MY 2008 for the 3/5 door hatch?

I have just ordered a 123d 5 door M sport and I know all the options are the same as before, but are there any changes for MY 2008 to the basic car? Prices do go up in the UK for cars built from September like the 123d and I was charged the increased price, but is this just an inflation increase or is it due to specification changes?

I was not able to order a DAB radio as on the coupe option list, not sure why this not on the hatch option list or is this due to the different aerial on the coupe? I do wise BMW would ditch that trolley bus aerial on the hatch and put on a shark fin type.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
redwood
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1999 BMW 328i

I'm in the U.S., but from what I have read, the 1-series gets a "refresh", which is mostly minor changes. I read in Evo magazine (July '07) that the 3 door hatch 130i M Sport they tested had slightly diffferent suspension tuning than the previous 1 series M Sport (and for the better on the '08). I found the following information on the '08 on Wikipedia....

The changes to the model were minor headlight and tail-light revisions, new front & rear bumpers and a minor revisions to the interior. The dashboard has been updated, and a recommended gear indicator is now present on models with manual transmissions.[2]
New technologies include an Auto Start-Stop function, Brake Energy Regeneration, Electric Power Steering, an electric water pump, and a host of drivetrain modifications designed for fuel economy, increased performance, and lower emissions.[3] BMW marketing has named this combination of technologies "EfficientDynamics"[4], which will also be implemented in other BMW models.
The 1-Series is effectively the first in the world to have mild hybrid technology as standard equipment, although BMW is careful in its marketing not to label it as a hybrid vehicle.
Appreciate 0