BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-29-2007, 03:07 AM   #1
Hewzie
Registered
Rep
Drives:

How far did you travel to buy your car?

Hi guys, A newbie to this site so be gentle!
I live in Western Australia and work in the iron ore industry. I was at work one day browsing the net and decided to buy a demo 120d from a BMW car dealer. Only trouble was that he is based in Melbourne, nearly 4000kms away.
I didn't care, I flew back into my home town of Perth after working away, sat around the airport for 3 hours and then flew o'night to Melb. I bought the gorgeous Sparkling Graphite car and drove back home. It took 3 days of solid driving and was only spoilt, at the end of day 2 by a stupid kangaroo that decided to stop and stare! It ducked down onto the road as I drove over top of it. In the mirror I saw so much plastic blowing down the highway, followed by a limp carcass.
Amazingly, all I damaged was the plastic spoiler and other protection around the motor. I was able to continue the next day and it drove like a champion. This diesel motor is awesome. So much torque, such amazing passing ability and cheap to run.
Anyway, thats enough for post #1. Cheers champs
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Dang - roos are deer!! We get those doe-eyed rats called deer slipping out of the fields and woods onto our roads and the stinking things are hypnotized by headlights. Deer carcases all over the place in the spring and fall. The things get fairly big too, average size probably around 80 kg.

Welcome aboard!!
Appreciate 0