E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW Autohaus - Toronto, Canada

07-10-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
bmwcanada
Rep
Drives: 2x E46 FullyLoaded

BMW Autohaus - Toronto, Canada

Hi there,

I just wanted to put my two cents in about this dealership. Both myself and my partner at the office have delt with this dealership before and they are nothing but trouble. I have owned BMWs for the past 35+ years, and never have I been treated so poorly. Their service staff are rude and I strongly feel as though they ruin the BMW spirit. Buying a BMW has always meant top-notch service, friendliest staff and best overall experience centre. Not at this dealership. Don't even waste your time there.

Words of caution: stay away from the BMW Autohaus in Thornhill/Toronto Canada.

Cheers,
bmwcanada
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2005, 04:59 PM   #2
DNA
Rep
Drives: AMG Grocery Getter

i also had bad experience at bmw autohaus when i got my e46 from them 3 years ago
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2005, 05:02 PM   #3
jcs_00
Rep
Drives: e92 space grey | RX 330 sport

I also heard that they were pretty bad from a close friend who purchased a car there. Beware!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2005, 06:49 PM   #4
optionfans
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

same here, last time I was trying to test drive the E90 before ordering, and they told me that they don't have time for me that day (weekend), and just BS me that all you need is just order and wait 3 months (I am not the first time to buy european car, I know everything need to pre-order especially I need some special equipments)

They just want to kick me out of the dealer, feel sad of them, they lose a potential buyer like me........finally I go to Town and Country BMW, they have much better services, I will not go to BMW Autohaus again
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 07:48 PM   #5
GregL
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 CLA45 AMG

I bought my 330xi from Autohaus and they were absolutely fantastic. Very accomodating and got the car as fast as possible, answered all my questions and found out promptly for things they didn't know 100%. Parts gave me a bunch of free stuff too and I get 10% off anything I buy there (less wheels, big ticket items, etc...). I dealt with Keyhan and would most certainly recommend him.

As for Town & Country which everyone seems to be raving about, read my post here to see what I have to say about them (before they moved location): http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27132 It's post #6
2006 BMW 330xi - Gone
2001 Infiniti QX4 - Gone
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 11:26 AM   #6
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

For those of you who had a poor service experience at Autohaus, who is/was your service advisor? I have been there before and dealt with the same person and have been happy.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 02:59 PM   #7
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
For those of you who had a poor service experience at Autohaus, who is/was your service advisor? I have been there before and dealt with the same person and have been happy.
Unfortunately the CA can often give a dealership a bad rep... deserved or not.
That said the dealership should be on top of this.

Last time I was there is 3 years ago & felt like they couldn't be bothered giving me the time of day.

Even though they are the closest dealer to my office, I haven't returned while shopping for my E92 335.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2006, 02:57 PM   #8
joe analyst
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 G35 coupe

As someone who has driven a number of cars over the last 10 years, I must say that the experiences I have had at BMW Autohaus rank as the worst 4 experiences I have ever had with a car dealer, ever. Why I chose to go back and try as many as four times I still ask myself. The answer is basically that it is so close to my home and convenience in Toronto is appealing. I also hoped that each time I might get someone new that would actually 'want' to sell me a car.

Experience 1:
Saturday in early summer 2005. I went in to the dealership, well-dressed, in my G35 coupe figuring I would present myself as a potential customer. First thing...they don't let you speak to just anyone there. You have to 'register' at the reception desk and they will 'assign' someone to you. Why they do this is beyond me. Shouldn't I be able to approach someone at MY discretion? not someone who is literally TOLD to deal with me? Are BMWs really THAT exclusive?
Anyway, it is 4:10pm and I was looking to take a 330Ci for a test drive. I see the salesman coming toward me and introduced myself. I explained to him my interest in a test drive. While his English was not that strong, he told me that I should book an appointment and come back another day. I was stunned. After trying to explain to him that I was 'here now and the dealership was not busy' he proceeded to tell me that they were closing in an hour and there was no time to take me. He told me to come back Wednesday at 11am (when I, like most people, are at work). I told him about my job and that the best time for me was on the weekend which was why I was there. He apologized and told me that if I changed my mind, to call back to book an appointment. I don't think so.

Experience 2:
Went in during Aug 2005 and dealt with Irene. Still sub-par. Same story. Register. Get Irene. No test drive. She claims they have none to drive. I see 5 on the lot. She tells me that she will 'take me around the block for 5 minutes but I would not be able to drive the car since it had not been serviced.' I thanked her for the offer and told her I would go to another dealer, which I did, to get my fix on the first try--WITH NO APPT! (BMW Toronto - Gord Ferguson)

Experience 3:
August 2006 (e92 coupes are out soon) Roller blading by the dealer and stopped to see if they had any sign of 335 yet. I see a salesman walking to his car. I say hello and asked if he knows when they might see one. He tells me 'i have no idea, but its the same as the 330ci.' I said "i hope not, it took 6 years for a change so hopefully its better'. he said, 'well, look around here. its the same as everything else. same. same. same (pointing in various directions). wish i had his name--again his English was not the strongest.

Experience 4
Sept 2006 (they have 4 e92s on the lot)
I reluctantly try again. This is where many would have given up already.
Same dealership. Same deal. Register. Get the same guy I had the first time. Can't remember his name, but his glasses and thick accent will not be forgotten. I notice his 'Selling Skills Training' certificate affixed to his cubicle. I smile and hope for the best. I express my interest in taking a 335 out as I am considering trading my G in. He tells me to make an appointment for middle of the week. Ready for that response, I ask him why he refuses to take me out. He claims they do not have any available. Surely there has to be a demo for a car that is one of the most critical launches for the brand. I tell him that this is the second time he refused to take me out and refreshed his memory of Experience 1. I also asked him if this is what they teach them in Selling Skills...to send away prospective customers repeatedly.
For the record, Alta Infiniti, where I bought my G, has been--bar none--the best dealership experience I've ever had. Outstanding service.
I go out to the lot and see 4 cars. I go back inside and ask for the Sales Manager. He tells me that the SM is not there. What he isn't counting on is that I know who it is and I see him in his office. My guy goes to the back to see Jay G. in his office. I see him trying to cover his butt before I get to speak with him. I decide to casually go back there myself and see whats up. Jay tries to lead me out of his office. I ask if we can sit down and talk.
I explained each of these 4 stories to him and ask him how they stay in business if they have sales staff with attitudes like these. He proceeds to tell me that the GSM has taken the demo home and that I should come back in a couple days to try it out. I wonder if its something in the water here...
Anyway, I ask him WHY they would take the only demo off the road for customers in the week after it was launched. He says, the GSM can do whatever he wants. I say, well thats nice. Your GSM obviously cares more about himself than his new customers. That car should be here. Its now about 6pm on a weeknight. He respectfully disagress with me (go figure, a SM telling me that I'm wrong to expect a car is available to drive) I tell him that the sales experience is supposed to be exciting for customers. If sales is this bad, the service must be even worse.

Anyway, this is THE LAST experience I will have there, ever. I'm starting to wonder why I want to own a brand that lets dealers like this represent it. Each of you should ask yourself that same question. It might be fun to drive and look good. But you don't want to dread going to your dealership when something goes wrong. Even if its convenient, I would go somewhere else before BMW Autohaus. its worth the drive for good service.

over,
JA
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2006, 03:45 PM   #9
tirana
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 6MT + F25 35i AT

FWIW, joe analyst, Gord Ferguson now works at Parkview BMW. I think you might get a better level of service there.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2006, 10:29 PM   #10
DILLIGAF
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 SG 330i ZSP MT CA

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I didn't buy my car there but I did go there this past spring to take advantage of their special to install my OEM alarm for about $350 plus tax (if i recall correctly). They took my car first thing in the morning and had it ready by 3pm. I was satisfied with this particular experience. Just throwing in my 2 cents.
      10-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #11
GregL
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 CLA45 AMG

My Mercedes service advisor is good friends (10+ years) with my BMW service advisor at Autohaus so I get great service
2006 BMW 330xi - Gone
2001 Infiniti QX4 - Gone
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2006, 01:44 AM   #12
thug123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997 2 GT3

ya, they pretty suck.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2007, 10:42 AM   #13
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

i used to go there for service alot when i still had my warranty.... service was decent, they let me test drive new 330i when they came out... altho one mothef@cker has an attitude problem in the selling parts department....
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2008, 12:44 AM   #14
0asis
Senior Officer In Charge.
Canada
Rep
Drives: G30 540i / Past: F10,E92, E46

My review is short. We test drove a car and needed to get back to work. We asked for a brochure, his card and a price list.

The following was the response from their top salesman (calling himself the BMW Prince on a local chinese radio station) *cough* gay, lame *cough*..

"How are you supposed to buy a car if you work all day?"

Apparently in his world, money grows on trees.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #15
NiceAndSlow
Viet Cong
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 228i

Garage List
2007 C2  [0.00]
2001 Boxster  [0.00]
2006 VW Touareg v6  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0asis View Post
My review is short. We test drove a car and needed to get back to work. We asked for a brochure, his card and a price list.

The following was the response from their top salesman (calling himself the BMW Prince on a local chinese radio station) *cough* gay, lame *cough*..

"How are you supposed to buy a car if you work all day?"

Apparently in his world, money grows on trees.
hahah omg.. he said the same thing to me.... lol.. i dealt with Lorezno .. he's no longer there but he was good ..... but dam.. the parts girl is sooooooo freaking hot...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 02:03 AM   #16
tolkino
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive

I've been to this dealership 3 times, dealt with different CA each time none of them seemed helpful to me, i guess they found me too young to inquire about their cars?? lol another thing is that they never seemed to give the answers i needed, i never test drove their cars, always left the dealership with empty hands, well they lost a customer i ended up buying from Parkview..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #17
0asis
Senior Officer In Charge.
Canada
Rep
Drives: G30 540i / Past: F10,E92, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceAndSlow View Post
hahah omg.. he said the same thing to me.... lol.. i dealt with Lorezno .. he's no longer there but he was good ..... but dam.. the parts girl is sooooooo freaking hot...
+1.. I just visited the place this morning and I was really surprised 'cause at T&C the parts dept consists of a bunch of guys. The girl was gorgeous. I might just go back to Autohaus just to buy parts but my car purchases/servicing will remain at T&C hehe
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #18
germanbmwgod
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 335 cab

Bmw Autohaus Sucks

bmw autohaus has to be the worst dealership that i have ever been in, i continued going there just because it is close to my work. that staff is a complete joke from salesman, service and parts, iv been around and know alot of peeps in the buisness, bmw autohaus has a new general manager, this guy is a complete joke the man doesnt have a sales licence and has a criminal record, he posed as a owner at his other store but that is all just lies. i dont know why there company doesnt do check on there people.:
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #19
kurtdaniel
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

too bad there are some dealerships like these..good thing i had a good one when I bought my bmw x4 on that area..

Last edited by kurtdaniel; 06-15-2009 at 08:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #20
DavidBMWofMiss
Salesman and Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1998 328is ///M

Garage List
1998 328is ///M  [0.00]
Sorry to hear of your experiences, if any of you need help with sales parts or service you can get in touch with me at BMW of Mississauga
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #21
poyayan
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 2010 White

I must agree....

I bought a carbon fiber spoiler there... the parts guy was great... but ultimately... it's service side that have to install it....
And I'm serious... they don't know what they are doing...

They actually melted a hole into the spoiler and dared to deliver it to me.
This service rep guy named Perm Patel..... good god... if you are looking for someone with knowledge... don't go to him.

So, 2nd time I went back b/c they burned a hole into the spoiler... they used the Betalink Glue... and when I took delivery... there glue squeezing out over several places... keep in mind that it's already been 6 hours.... and this Perm Patel dared to say this.
"Oh... don't worry bring it back in 2 weeks after the glue dries and I'll get someone to take it off for you."

WHAT THE F**K???
See... I didn't know that the time.. but after reading on the boards when I got back to the office.. I saw that the Betalink actually stains the paint after it dries.

I'm sorry... at my job... I don't know everything either... but I will go and find out if I don't know.

And this Perm Patel treated me like crap through the whole way.... I'm paying extra for BMW service and OEM BMW parts... with my hard earned money... and I'm sorry... I'm not here to beg you for service.
If it weren't for the nice parts guy who sent me to him, I would've tore him a new one right at the dealership.

Perm Patel treated me like i was invisible in the first meeting and just left me sitting at his desk for 10 mins while while talking on the phone... right in front of me. Until I finally asked him, "are we done?"
"Oh... yes we are."
"When were you going to TELL ME?"

The guy just ignored me.

2nd time was even worst....

HELLO!?!? this isn't schedule maintainence!! I'm PAYING you to do this!!! or I could've just went to an independent!!

Ultimately... ask yourself this.

Do you like paying someone with your hard earned money so you can get treated like $h*t and receive non-professional work on your car?

I must say... I've learned an expensive lesson....
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #22
Pylon
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

And by the way, never let this dealership wash your car, it'll come back with the dealer swirl option FOR SURE.