BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #1
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

STATE TO STATE PURCHASE Q

I just answered a Q on another thread about special order which got me thinking about an alternative.....

For those of you who have done this, please advise......

If I dont find the car I specifically want here in all of Fla, I would be willing to venture into other states to purchase the 135.....i know from working with dealers as customers that they hate doing trades....

Whats involved in a state to state transaction ie me buying the car in another state and registering it for FL? I want to transfer my beloved FL vanity tag....

i'm putting the cart before the horse, but hey, knowledge is power....
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

I've purchased cars in Kansas and drug them over the state line to Missouri - the dealership lets me handle title and taxes (since dealerships in MO don't do that anyway). Pretty much no hassle for me, just take the paperwork and property tax info into the license bureau. Without knowing FL state laws (or how they normally collect license fees & taxes) I can't say for sure. But I can't imagine it being a too terrible process (famous last words ; -).
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #3
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

I'm planning on buying the 135 about 30 or so days prior to lease term on my G...I want to transfer my vanity tag from the G to the 135....maybe just get a temp tag that dealers issue and transfer when I turn in G???......I'm sure its not that easy but it s'unds logical.....
Appreciate 0