BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
asv
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Placed My "Dummy Deposit"

I went and placed my $500 deposit over the weekend at a small dealer for the 135i. The salesperson expected an allotment of four for the initial release, and expected jan/feb delivery. (He is probably way off) Pricing expected mid-November, as rumored on these boards.

I was #4 on the list, but he said 2 other people on the list sign up for every car and rarely buy.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #2
gotgemini2000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 & E46 M3, 6 speed manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by asv View Post
I went and placed my $500 deposit over the weekend at a small dealer for the 135i. The salesperson expected an allotment of four for the initial release, and expected jan/feb delivery. (He is probably way off) Pricing expected mid-November, as rumored on these boards.

I was #4 on the list, but he said 2 other people on the list sign up for every car and rarely buy.
what dealer if you don't mind me asking? I live in the Phoenixville area when I'm not up at school and am looking to possibly put a deposit down.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
asv
Captain
Rep

I actually placed my deposit in northeastern pa,

http://www.wvmbmw.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
terivera
track Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M coupe AW

BMW CLIENT ADVISOR

I work for the Louisville Ky dealership we have a 5 deep list and expect an initial allocation of 6 cars but we are hearing Feb, March.
ONLY MUNICH KNOWS>

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotgemini2000 View Post
what dealer if you don't mind me asking? I live in the Phoenixville area when I'm not up at school and am looking to possibly put a deposit down.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 12:36 AM   #5
NerveBag
Rep
Drives:

Ouch. I had to put $2000 down to get the number two spot in Evansville, Indiana. But the way I figured it, by the time the car is available, I will have forgotten about -- or 'absorbed', I guess -- the 2k, and it will just be more down on the car, so I won't feel so bad about getting a couple of options.

Funny how that works... months after you spent the money, you realize you don't miss it that much. Or maybe I'm just ate up with a $35,000 car that will do 0-60 in 5 seconds.

Black on black for me, with the gray wood or aluminum interior trim. I'd really like to have the shadow exterior trim, but I'm not sure about the sports package. Not much in it, according to the latest buying guide, unless there's an oil cooler. I'm not going to pay a grand or more for the sports package just to have black trim.

I want the keyless entry and the upgraded stereo, but that's about it.

The waiting is the hardest part (al la Tom Petty).

NerveBag
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #6
asv
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerveBag View Post
Black on black for me, with the gray wood or aluminum interior trim. I'd really like to have the shadow exterior trim, but I'm not sure about the sports package. Not much in it, according to the latest buying guide, unless there's an oil cooler. I'm not going to pay a grand or more for the sports package just to have black trim.
NerveBag

Dont forget, the sport package comes with sport seats and the M wheel.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 01:46 PM   #7
bradford
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerveBag View Post
I'm not sure about the sports package. Not much in it, according to the latest buying guide, unless there's an oil cooler. I'm not going to pay a grand or more for the sports package just to have black trim.
Don't assume that the sports package will be the same price as it is on the 335i, where it includes different wheels, etc.

The sports package in the 135i could be as little as $500. Think about it - the sports seats and wheel don't really cost them much. that leaves only the oil cooler - which can't be more than a few hundred (as a consumer I can put together a REALLY nice Mocal oil cooler setup with stainless lines and ANSI fittings for $400 - surely BMW can halve that number with economies of scale and wholesale suppliers)
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #8
dsm9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradford View Post
Don't assume that the sports package will be the same price as it is on the 335i, where it includes different wheels, etc.

The sports package in the 135i could be as little as $500. Think about it - the sports seats and wheel don't really cost them much. that leaves only the oil cooler - which can't be more than a few hundred (as a consumer I can put together a REALLY nice Mocal oil cooler setup with stainless lines and ANSI fittings for $400 - surely BMW can halve that number with economies of scale and wholesale suppliers)
I agree here, I bet some of the packages on the new 1 will be cheaper in comparison to the same packages on a 335. I think they should be considering BMW is trying to obtain more entry level buyers.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #9
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I'm guessing $750-800 on the 135 sports package. Well worth it at that price I would think.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #10
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

I couldn't take it anymore. Deposit placed... never been happier to be #2. :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 10:34 AM   #11
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
I couldn't take it anymore. Deposit placed... never been happier to be #2. :biggrin:
congrats! that autospies review did it i bet. :biggrin:

sounds like you are fortunate. someone around here claimed to be #11 or #13 at some dealership in the DFW area ... if you believe them...
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 10:57 AM   #12
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelk View Post
congrats! that autospies review did it i bet. :biggrin:

sounds like you are fortunate. someone around here claimed to be #11 or #13 at some dealership in the DFW area ... if you believe them...
It was a culmination of things, but I actually did it last night before I saw the autospies drive-event coverage. I felt even better about it after seeing AS, of course. :biggrin: I think as the more mainstream press hits, interest is about to go through the roof from the less-obsessed demographics.

If I really am #2, and I am taking a stealership at their word on that, I can see why they don't have much of a list yet...
  • They required $1k.
  • They initially claimed it would be non-refundable. As I got up to walk out, they changed their tune... "well, I know we'll be able to sell it anyhow. Okay, gosh-darnit, it's refundable."
  • They claim they just started taking deposits this week. :iono:
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #13
adrian's bmw
Here to help
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330Cic

Quote:
It was a culmination of things, but I actually did it last night before I saw the autospies drive-event coverage. I felt even better about it after seeing AS, of course. :biggrin: I think as the more mainstream press hits, interest is about to go through the roof from the less-obsessed demographics.

If I really am #2, and I am taking a stealership at their word on that, I can see why they don't have much of a list yet...
  • They required $1k.
  • They initially claimed it would be non-refundable. As I got up to walk out, they changed their tune... "well, I know we'll be able to sell it anyhow. Okay, gosh-darnit, it's refundable."
Why would any center want to keep someone's money hostage on an order? Sure, if you order something out of the ordinary I suppose, but still.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 01:26 PM   #14
Templedogg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, Trailblazer SS, 1934 PU

I am super excited, I finally found a Washington State Dealership that would take my money and guarantee me their 1st allocation spot. I had to put $1500 down though, but that is fine with me to have a spot guaranteed. I do not care whether it is refundable or not. These cars will be so hot that if in the extremely rare chance I do not like it, there is no way I will not be able to sell it for at least what I paid for it, if not make money. My advice is if a dealership will take your money and guarantee you one of their first allocations, you can not go wrong...give them your money. Most dealership I have found will not take your money because I am sure they will start a over MSRP bidding war once they know their allocations and will contact everyone on their waiting lists asking what they are willing to pay. My deal is a guaranteed not to exceed MSRP. Simple and sweet.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 07:06 AM   #15
Robinc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

• They required $1k.
Which dealer? Talked to 2 of the 4, tying to decide who to go with.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 07:21 AM   #16
msgburner
Rep
Drives:

Im in the Military and currently deployed...So im Talking with a military sales rep for BMW. Ill have mine ordered straight from the factory and wont have to pay tax or MSRP.

Ill have to put down a 1000 deposit, from what Ive been told so far If I order one in Jan it probably wont be delivered untill July timeframe. Ive got a year to wait so Its all good to me.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 07:23 AM   #17
robinsonda1
Rep
Drives:

I ordered mine throught the military program too, you will have to pay tax when you return to the U.S. however.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 07:42 AM   #18
msgburner
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonda1 View Post
I ordered mine throught the military program too, you will have to pay tax when you return to the U.S. however.
Really?? did you order a 135i?? How much do you that that will run??
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #19
robinsonda1
Rep
Drives:

They are estimating 31K (135i)
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 08:10 AM   #20
vegasthrowdown
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonda1 View Post
My brother is stationed in Korea and he is doing this with the Jeep he is buying. He told me he is going to select a state (closest to his next duty station) with the lowest sales tax to deliver the car to and pick it up there.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 05:16 PM   #21
potatoe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

All you guys who have put down deposits, did your dealer say you could pick any colors and options without delaying delivery?

I'm #1 on my dealer's list ($1K refundable, 2 months ago). The salesman says they'll get their "allocation" (computer printout with delivery dates, colors and features). I can have the first one, at MSRP. And, he says, it will be possible to change anything on the car (color, transmission, options, etc.) without affecting the delivery date.

That's great, if true. Are you getting the same story?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #22
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoe View Post
All you guys who have put down deposits, did your dealer say you could pick any colors and options without delaying delivery?

I'm #1 on my dealer's list ($1K refundable, 2 months ago). The salesman says they'll get their "allocation" (computer printout with delivery dates, colors and features). I can have the first one, at MSRP. And, he says, it will be possible to change anything on the car (color, transmission, options, etc.) without affecting the delivery date.

That's great, if true. Are you getting the same story?
yes that's the way it works. a couple of months before delivery you will spec the car the way you want.
Appreciate 0