BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-15-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
ryanleo
Rep
Drives:

Destination Charges?

What exactly is a destination charge? Is it for ED? If i go to my local dealer, build the car and then pick it up from the dealer, will there still be a destination charge?

thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
WolfsburgerMitFries
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3er

Its yet another overinflated nusiance charge where a BMW from Germany costs $775 to be delivered, but a Volkswagen from Germany costs $510.

Kinda like metallic paint on a Volkswagen or Toyota is $0, but metallic paint on a BMW is $475 for no apparent reason beyond price gouging. Or an ipod adaptor for most any modern car stereo is $200 max (from the rip off artists like Alpine) or more routinely around $100, but on a BMW its $400 for no good reason. I thought Alpines $200 Bluetooth adaptor was a ripoff, leave it up to BMW to price Bluetooth at $750.

To answer the other part of your question, there is no getting around the $775 destination rip off. This is my 1 big problem with any "premium" brand car...the options are always overinflated, and I find that very insulting. I'll pay you for the premium car, but don't try to gouge me on options.

Did I share my enthusiasm for the juggernaut with the group? I hate trying to manage a big car, but it still looks pretty reasonably sized to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Hey, these are premium metallic flakes.
Appreciate 0