E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Code out coolant sensor? Or other solutions needed.

10-28-2023, 05:52 PM   #1
mcp
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi (e92)

Code out coolant sensor? Or other solutions needed.

Hey everybody. Bought an aftermarket aluminum relocation tank from a guy on here. Won’t name names yet just in case, but it was promised it would work with the old factory level sensor.

Long story short, there is no implement for the sensor. Doing a bit of a dive, it looks like the sensor is hall effect for a magnet in the stock float, so just drilling a hole and stuffing it in the bottom won’t work.

Long term my options are to: get a new one with properly implemented sensor, or find a fluid based sensor and adapt it to the stock voltage outputs.

Short term, I’m ok with coding it out or any other solution (maybe shorting data to power? would need voltage readings to know if that’s safe or not). Can’t find any info on where to even look for the ECU tree that the coolant sensor would be in.

Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 01:14 PM   #2
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

I don't know what you're doing but coding out coolant ANYTHING sounds risky. Get a refund and buy a tank that actually works.
Appreciate 0