BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-28-2008, 01:58 AM   #1
benchmark2020
Private
Rep
Drives:

Delivery Date

Is there any way to find out when we will get our delivery? I placed my order last week and my dealer says I'll get it mid-April. He said this without even thinking so I'm not sure if he knows. Is there a way we can get an update from BMW Canada or something to find out when we'll actually get our car? Or when the shipments come?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
Road Runner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I also placed my order last week and am in the first allocation, my delivery date is April 15. Since they're all being held and released on the same date, I would assume would be that date.

Once you have the VIN # I believe the cars can be tracked in transit, thats what someone else on here said as well. But mid April (April 15) is probably correct for the first orders.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

I ordered the 128i Cabrio last week and they already had a Feb production dealer stock order 128i Cabrio in the hopper so they changed the specs on that to my requirements. My delivery date is end March..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #4
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut View Post
I ordered the 128i Cabrio last week and they already had a Feb production dealer stock order 128i Cabrio in the hopper so they changed the specs on that to my requirements. My delivery date is end March..
NICEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... lucky... I am gonna place my order this week so I guess I am looking at mid-end of April..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
benchmark2020
Private
Rep
Drives:

Would that date (April 15) mean it will be available at our dealers' to pick up? Or is that the date it arrives at the port of entry?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #6
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

It seems like the cars take about 2 to 21/2 months from the time production starts to when the car is ready for delivery. This seems to be pretty standard for those of us not in Europe at least. So, if your car goes into production in the next 2 weeks, it should be ready by mid April give or take.
"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #7
j8smith
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i coupe

I placed my order last week, and was given a week 9 production, which is the last week of Feb. The sales manager said his normal delivery is approx. 5 weeks after completion. So he is predicting last week of March or first week in april for mine.

According to CanadianDriver, release date will be March 22 like the US

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news_2...8/080128-1.htm
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #8
j8smith
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i coupe

A few other things. My dealer has two january build cars coming as demos, and will be holding an unveiling night, and hopefully test drives
My order was in the first for sale allocation and was originally a stock order that was ammended to my specs. It appered my dealer automatically ordered his full allocation for stock, and then changed them as needed.

Just like the US, if the cars arrive before the release date they will be held at the train yard. My dealer has his first allocation of M3s sitting at the cloverbar rail yard, and he can't even look at them yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #9
Road Runner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loun80 View Post
Would that date (April 15) mean it will be available at our dealers' to pick up? Or is that the date it arrives at the port of entry?
Pickup.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 03:33 PM   #10
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Hmm.. I got my production number and my SR told me my car is in the March production.. so does that mean I am getting it in April?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 04:31 PM   #11
TitoSkulls
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by j8smith View Post
A few other things. My dealer has two january build cars coming as demos, and will be holding an unveiling night, and hopefully test drives
My order was in the first for sale allocation and was originally a stock order that was ammended to my specs. It appered my dealer automatically ordered his full allocation for stock, and then changed them as needed.

Just like the US, if the cars arrive before the release date they will be held at the train yard. My dealer has his first allocation of M3s sitting at the cloverbar rail yard, and he can't even look at them yet.
The 135i I put a deposit on last week is a Jan. production and my SA told me that I would have it by the end of February. If the official release of the 1 series isn't till March 22, does that mean I'll have to wait till then? Probably not a bad thing since the roads are crap here right now.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 04:39 PM   #12
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
Hmm.. I got my production number and my SR told me my car is in the March production.. so does that mean I am getting it in April?
I didn't know that you could get a production number.
Based on your post, I just fired off an email to my BMW client advisor to get the prod number.
What other info can we get in Canada regarding the progression of the production cycle??:iono:
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 05:21 PM   #13
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I didn't know that you could get a production number.
Based on your post, I just fired off an email to my BMW client advisor to get the prod number.
What other info can we get in Canada regarding the progression of the production cycle??:iono:
I dunno any other info but ya I got my production number haha.. was worth the try and I actually got it so thats good lol.. I know the US guys keep calling this number and checking on their site but since the BMW.ca doesn't have the configurator yet I guess that option of checking online wouldn't be avaliable either.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 06:41 PM   #14
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
I dunno any other info but ya I got my production number haha.. was worth the try and I actually got it so thats good lol.. I know the US guys keep calling this number and checking on their site but since the BMW.ca doesn't have the configurator yet I guess that option of checking online wouldn't be avaliable either.
I got an email back for my BMW guy and he gave me the production # and said he'd pass on the VIN # when available (2 - 3 weeks)..:w00t:
So thanks for the heads-up...:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 09:15 PM   #15
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I got an email back for my BMW guy and he gave me the production # and said he'd pass on the VIN # when available (2 - 3 weeks)..:w00t:
So thanks for the heads-up...:thumbup:
NP... I think we all are so anxious lol... I wish it was April right now haha
Appreciate 0