BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
InOttawa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

ED from Canada

Dealer claims I can't finance or lease and have to pay all in cash. Is he lying? Anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOttawa View Post
Dealer claims I can't finance or lease and have to pay all in cash. Is he lying? Anyone know?
Ummm I think you should call him again and tell him hes insane and he should get a new job...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
123d
Rep
Drives:

1Lazy, do you have experience with a Canadian ED? How was the process with getting the car from the Port to your driveway?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
InOttawa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
Ummm I think you should call him again and tell him hes insane and he should get a new job...

I can do that, but he will just say: "who knows the BMW rules better? you or me?".

So, it would help if you can point me to something more concrete. I can't seem to find any real info on the web, and the one BMW finance person I talked to on the phone was pretty clueless. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
baillout
Rep
Drives:

From BMW Canada

We’re currently working on the design of a new European Delivery Program for Canada Various tax and importation issues have still to be solved, which is apparently not as easy between Canada and Germany as it seems to be between the US and Canada. Due to these yet unresolved issues we don’t offer a European Delivery program at the moment. But the new and improved program is expected to become effective early summer 2008.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 04:57 AM   #6
looking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:

I know that dealers and sales persons aren't the most trusted bunch, but honestly if you can't trust a dealer at the most basic levels I think it's time to go to a new dealer. I know Ottawa doesn't have the biggest dealer network, but surely you can fined another one and give them a call, ask them.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 07:58 AM   #7
InOttawa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
I know that dealers and sales persons aren't the most trusted bunch, but honestly if you can't trust a dealer at the most basic levels I think it's time to go to a new dealer. I know Ottawa doesn't have the biggest dealer network, but surely you can fined another one and give them a call, ask them.
I don't trust the OTHER dealer either. The only trust worthy people are on these forums.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #8
looking
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I don't trust the OTHER dealer either. The only trust worthy people are on these forums.
Fair enough. I really can't imagine that you can't finance or lease, just doesn't make sense. I know Ottawa isn't the most advanced city in the world, but I don't think you guys are 20yrs behind the rest of Canada.

You can always finance through your bank?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #9
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black 335i

My dealer said I can gladly lease or finance however as of last week they did not have the finance/lease rates or specific numbers yet. Once they have the 1-series car configurator on BMW.ca I'm sure it will have tall the lease/finance rates attached.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #10
looking
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbmw View Post
My dealer said I can gladly lease or finance however as of last week they did not have the finance/lease rates or specific numbers yet. Once they have the 1-series car configurator on BMW.ca I'm sure it will have tall the lease/finance rates attached.
INOTTAWA: I think this is probably why they sales guy is telling you, you can't finance/lease. He probably wants you to buy now and not wait until the figures are released??
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #11
InOttawa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
INOTTAWA: I think this is probably why they sales guy is telling you, you can't finance/lease. He probably wants you to buy now and not wait until the figures are released??

Most likely to be the case...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2008, 05:05 PM   #12
e36chris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

naw i got a buddy at a dealer here in hamilton
they dont have rates for the finance, dont have residuals either so they cant get you the exact numbers

what i did i picked a 328 or whatever on bmw.ca for 41k, figured the same packages or prices and just did some rough numbers
Appreciate 0