BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

02-01-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
04__STi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

How much boost (PSI) for the 135i?

?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

IIRC, under 9 lbs at all times - stock. Two itty-bitty, teeny-weeny turbos (and no, they are not yellow polka-dotted ; -)
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #3
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Thats correct. 8lbs in stock formation. Proceed v2 will bump it up to around 14.9 lbs max.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunosracr View Post
Thats correct. 8lbs in stock formation. Proceed v2 will bump it up to around 14.9 lbs max.
Can't wait!:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
Can't wait!:biggrin:
+10000000000000
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2008, 04:40 AM   #6
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:

Thats not true.. PROcede has been known to be boosting (uncontrolled) into the 15s...!

I'd be more apt to get an ECU flash, than a piggyback. Dinan or the soon-to-be-released Shark Injector!

That way your factory warranty stays intact.

-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2008, 07:22 AM   #7
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Thats not true.. PROcede has been known to be boosting (uncontrolled) into the 15s...!

I'd be more apt to get an ECU flash, than a piggyback. Dinan or the soon-to-be-released Shark Injector!

That way your factory warranty stays intact.

-Garrett
True uncontrolled boost spikes have been recorded by some! Though I know Shivam has been working towards stopping that. I haven't really followed PROceed in a while. I need to see if I can get him over here see what going on with it.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2008, 08:09 AM   #8
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep

A few users with boost spikes out of a thousand users is not a big deal. No motors have exploded as a result of this. All the more reason to get a boost gauge with boost peak play back / boost peak warning. Procede also allows you to monitor boost levels on your laptop. Users with spikes can easily set the TQ settings lower. An ecu flash cannot be sold or cannot be adjusted to the users liking. If you are worried about the warranty then this is not the game for you. If anything happens pull out the Procede and take it to the shop. It takes 30 minutes. No biggie.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #9
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italteen3 View Post
True uncontrolled boost spikes have been recorded by some! Though I know Shivam has been working towards stopping that. I haven't really followed PROceed in a while. I need to see if I can get him over here see what going on with it.
Yeah, it seems VishnuTuning is having their share of publems with their PROcede V2. Many threads over at E90POST.com are in discussion about different hiccups in their piggy causing limp modes and CELS.

The older PRocede 1.47 map seemed pretty reliable and after close to a year he finally got that refined, but the whole move to V2 has been somewhat shaky.

Are you saying YOUR having a problem with YOUR PROcede, I'm confused with your last sentence... "..get him over here see what going on with it." ...??????

eunosracr, a boost guage will only tell what PSI you were running when your engine blows. If someone overboost, they have no control over what to do in that millisecond after he notices the alarm. The dmg is done before any human can react. Boost guages are a novelty...!

Secondly, none of that mambe-jambe you mentioned (ie: monitoring boost levels on your laptop, boost guages, TQ settings, removing before the a dealer visit, etc) are neccessary with an ECU flash. You certainly didn't do all of that nonsense when your car was stock, so why bother with it once you've had a professional tune...? With an ECU flash, you flash and forget! Their rock solid and should be, their actually a "tune" of a chip. For this level of engineering, you do have to pay more. But, then again you get more!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #10
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Yeah, it seems VishnuTuning is having their share of publems with their PROcede V2. Many threads over at E90POST.com are in discussion about different hiccups in their piggy causing limp modes and CELS.

The older PRocede 1.47 map seemed pretty reliable and after close to a year he finally got that refined, but the whole move to V2 has been somewhat shaky.

Are you saying YOUR having a problem with YOUR PROcede, I'm confused with your last sentence... "..get him over here see what going on with it." ...??????

eunosracr, a boost guage will only tell what PSI you were running when your engine blows. If someone overboost, they have no control over what to do in that millisecond after he notices the alarm. The dmg is done before any human can react. Boost guages are a novelty...!

Secondly, none of that mambe-jambe you mentioned (ie: monitoring boost levels on your laptop, boost guages, TQ settings, removing before the a dealer visit, etc) are neccessary with an ECU flash. You certainly didn't do all of that nonsense when your car was stock, so why bother with it once you've had a professional tune...? With an ECU flash, you flash and forget! Their rock solid and should be, their actually a "tune" of a chip. For this level of engineering, you do have to pay more. But, then again you get more!
Garrett your posts show over and over how little you know about cars and tuning for that matter. I would rather pay more to have my car run exactly how i want it to. I want user adjustable settings. I see a flash as paying more and getting less. I cant tune it, i cant sell it. I'm stuck with it. Then again if you are not comfortable modding and tuning a flash is probably the way to go for you. Dialing a car in to run exactly how I want it to is part of the fun. Taking 30 minutes to take out the Procede before going to the dealership is a walk in the park. Taken as a percentage of total users, the issues with V2 are far and few. If you knew about boost gauges with peak hold warnings you can easily let off the throttle the minute you trip the peak hold alarm. The alarm will sound the minute you hit 15lbs and you back off simple as that. With no boost guage you could go 15lbs, 16lbs, 20 lbs and boom your engine blows. Boost gagues with warning meters are totally helpful and have saved my engines more than a few times. Please do your research. Here i even added a picture for your reference. The red little light goes off when you breach a predetermined boost limit. The memory button is to play back your run. Yeah you are right boost gauges are totally a novelty (sarcasm). By the way my cousin has a 335i running Procede V2. The car pulls like a train and has never had any issues with it. Go figure.

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #11
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Garrett your posts show over and over how little you know about cars and tuning for that matter. I would rather pay more to have my car run exactly how i want it to. I want user adjustable settings. I see a flash as paying more and getting less. I cant tune it, i cant sell it. I'm stuck with it. Then again if you are not comfortable modding and tuning a flash is probably the way to go for you. Dialing a car in to run exactly how I want it to is part of the fun. Taking 30 minutes to take out the Procede before going to the dealership is a walk in the park. Taken as a percentage of total users, the issues with V2 are far and few. If you knew about boost gauges with peak hold warnings you can easily let off the throttle the minute you trip the peak hold alarm. The alarm will sound the minute you hit 15lbs and you back off simple as that. With no boost guage you could go 15lbs, 16lbs, 20 lbs and boom your engine blows. Boost gagues with warning meters are totally helpful and have saved my engines more than a few times. Please do your research. Here i even added a picture for your reference. The red little light goes off when you breach a predetermined boost limit. The memory button is to play back your run. Yeah you are right boost gauges are totally a novelty (sarcasm). By the way my cousin has a 335i running Procede V2. The car pulls like a train and has never had any issues with it. Go figure.

Wait... you know how to tune a car..?

Because, your whole post implies you need to take the lead when it comes to customization and tell a tuner exactly how you want it to work...? Are you kidding us..?

What do you mean by this..? Do you realize it would cost uypwards of $4-6k to have a professional tuner, fly in and do custom work. How is it that your so special and need custom work done..? Managmenet thats so precise and elaborate the the engine's ECU just wouldn't do..?

There is only one outcome coveted from a tune, which is nearly identical for everyone; the most efficient burn possible under the safest valuables allowed, without harming the engine.

-j. Brōōch

So, what professional tuner hase done custom work for you..? Did you bore the engine out, thus needing a custom tune..? Hunh?

eunosracr, Do you honestly think that hooking a laptop to a piggyback and adjusting a torque setting is tuning your car? LOL....!

Here is something so simple to prove your ignorant of what you speak. Do you realize that a Dinan Flash, or a Conforti Shark will know what Octane gas is in your car and adjust accordingly

With a piggyback, you have to manually download a map for such a feat! Wow... does that make you feal special... or closer to your tune? Like you somehow have done something "tuner like" ..? You still have to download the right map for your octane.. and some piggies have a neat trick where if you hold down a button and press another... it loads whatever map you had in that bank. Neat trick and sounds all dark and secretive....

Sorry just not needed for Dinan/Conforti..!

Matter-of-fact, when your pounding on your car out on the streets or at the track you don't have to think about anything related to tuning. Like anything proffesionally installed, you just don't have to worry about it.

ECUs control of over 2,000 engine functions. A piggyback is a harness that can only fool up to 11 - 12 of those...! Piggybacks are not "tune", because they havn't tuned anything... they piggyback on top of the tune, thus their name!

Now that we've established how little you are actually involved with the actual tuning of your car..... we get to hear with how a GUAGE can save your BMW engine..?

Because a boost guage does nothing... it just indicates what the engine is doing. You have no control over it... and if it does squak at you, your already too late. These engine are 10.2 to 1 compression, 5psi over and your engine might not recover. But it's a good thing that the ECU can see this and clamp down on it in milliseconds, before a human being could actually register it in his mind, let alone react to it...!

So if your overboosting, you have a bad piggy design. And a boost guage will do nothing to fix or stop it.

Though, they are kewl to look at and makes you feel more "in-tune" with your car. Ebay says people who buy this usually go with a BOV too.

But all the pozers like to be noticed... and heard!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #12
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Dam - the OP asks what the boost pressure is - that question gets answered and here we go off to the tuner war races. I'm locking this down.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread