F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Window switch block + mirrors not working
Studio RSR

12-29-2023, 11:18 PM   #1
shivo979
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328D Sedan

Exclamation Window switch block + mirrors not working

Vehicle: 2014 BMW 328d XDrive

Bit of a long story here...

Installed a new m-sport steering wheel on my non-msport BMW. Job took a few hours, with the battery disconnected. After re-connecting the battery, car would not start without a boost. I ended up replacing the battery with a new one, car starts and runs fine.

My driver side door lock actuator has also been broken by itself few weeks ago and I have just got some time over the holidays to replace it with a new actuator from China (Amazon). After replacing the door lock actuator, my door was unlocking and locking fine, until I realized the driver side window switch block and the driver side mirror were not working as expected. The whole block was not lit up as it should be. I then realized that the door lock actuator was not working as well, possibly relating to the same issue.

I unplugged the new actuator, and plugged the power to the old one, and the window switch block was still not working. I checked every single fuse in 3 separate fuse boxes/locations (battery, under trunk mat, front passenger, and engine compartment fuse box) and none were blown. I then got my brother to code in my new battery to my car, and there was no change.

My issue is that my driver window was fully rolled down, and it will not roll up anymore. Even with I hold down the lock button on the fob, it won't roll it up. Gotta keep the car in the garage to prevent theft.

At this point I am stumped as to what may be causing this issue. I plan to take it to the mechanic to see if they can fix this dumb issue. I do understand that I bought a cheap chinese part which is not recommended, but I don't believe that is causing my window switch block to not work.

Any ideas ?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 04:41 PM   #2
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
The correct fuse is definitely under the hood, passenger side, under windshield cowl. I’d check again for a blown 7.5 amp mini fuse (brown).

I’ve had to replace mine several times for the drivers door window/mirror control block going dead. No idea why but sure enough, this fuse is blown every time it stops working. Probably happened about three times now since I’ve owned the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 11:21 PM   #3
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

F22 is the fuse for the switch block.

But it seems too easy. If it's not that fuse then fuses F4 (passenger) and F6 (driver) are for the window motors. Check also F5 and F7 (door lock motors). F4-F7 are in the FEM. This is my bet.

Can check also F504 (rear fuse box, but this one should be fine) and F57 (engine bay).

I would pull the fuse and ohm it out (except F504), not measure in place,

Last edited by fe7565; 12-30-2023 at 11:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 10:51 AM   #4
shivo979
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328D Sedan

ahhhh it turned out to be a loose connection to the master window switch. The connector was locked it multiple times, but it seems like I need to push it in fully before locking in the connector. I thought pushing it in most of the way, the locking of the connector would fully seat it, but I guess not.

Now to understand why the door lock actuator is not functioning as it should ! Its clicking when I lock/unlock it, but nothing is happening. The manual key lock is not doing anything either. Probably something to do with how I re-assembled it after taking it all apart. Lesson learned, take it to a mechanic next time (face palm)

Appreciate the support !
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 01:47 PM   #5
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Glad you solved it. Thanks for posting. Hope you find the solution for the rest too.