BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-23-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

installing bmw performance wheels before delivery

I want the bmw performance wheels that appear on the tii and appear to be the same as the ones already on the bmw website for the 3 series (19 inch) and Zs (18 inch).

http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemVi...=0&subItemId=0

I thought that if I had them installed prior to delivery that the dealer might be able to give me credit for the stock wheels because they are still new.

Contacted my dealer and he says in theory they can do it; however, because there is no official information about performance wheels for the 1er that me asking about it is very premature ().

So my question is whether anyone knows whether:

i) the tii wheels are the same as the performance wheels already on sale at bmw usa.

ii) assuming they are, is anyone confident the Z performance wheels would fit the 1er?

I would probably wait but the prospect of getting credit for "new" oem wheels is appealing.

thanks for any ideas.
      02-24-2008, 03:11 AM   #2
walbjj
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: s2000

just order them later and sell ur oem rims to a person that has bought a 128i, as i doubt a credit from the stealer will be a: forthcoming and b: of any value as they will prob short change u
Appreciate 0