BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-28-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
ssikhanm
United_States
Rep
Drives: White 2008 BMW 128i Cabrio

Question Is the Pioneer AVIC-N4 or Eclipse AVN7000 compatible w/ a 128i convertible???

I plan to buy the 128i convertible and I a few questions about the system. I dont like BMW's navigation system because of the clunky rotator, so I want to buy the pioneer avic-n4 or the eclipse avn7000.

(1) Does anyone know if my warranty will be voided if I replace it w/ one of these systems???
(2) Will the steering wheel controls still work???

I heard that buying an adapter for the Pioneer called PAC SWI-PS, will allow me to still use my steering wheel interface. Im not sure if thats true or not.

(3) Will the PAC SWI-PS void my warranty???

Lastly, I want to be able to use the hands-free bluetooth, so I plan to get the BMW Assist option.

(4) Will the BMW Assist still work w/ my off the market navigation systems or the PAC SWI-PS (if the adapter is necessary to buy)???

Sorry for all these questions, but Id appreciate any help. Thanks :smile:
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #2
Impulse
BMW ONE
Rep
Drives: 93 RX-7 R1, 135i

Garage List
Yes the SWI-PS will work with your steering wheel controls. Also pioneer has a bluetooth add-on that works really well. You may save yourself some money versus the BMW version. Once you pull the factory radio out I belive you will lose the BMW Bluetooth so if your going that route think carefully.

The real problem is how long will it take for a dash kit to come out?? You could have one custom made but that can get expensive. The 3 series still does not have a aftermarket radio solution available.