BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Matt60158
///M
Rep
Drives:

Custom Performance Engineering - 335i standback

Maryland tuner that I have some experience with in the mazda community. I have had excellent communication and customer service from them.

I noticed they are working on their own standback from the 335i but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon unless someone has heard otherwise on the E9x forums. I am sure it could easily carried over to the 135i if they could get a car in shop. Rather small group of engineers who like to take their time and throughly test the product in the real world before releasing to the general public.

Some interesting points on the product:

Our boost control method relies on a very sophisticated PID (Proportional-Integral-Derivative) feedback control loop, which will adjust the wastegate automatically until the desired boost pressure is achieved. In other words, you can type your desired boost pressure into the StandbackTM software, and the controller will hold that boost pressure from your boost threshold to redline. Gone are the days of constantly adjusting duty cycle coefficients to hit your desired boost pressure!

Both the air/fuel and timing tables are based on huge 30x30 tables for enhanced tuning resolution. Fueling changes can be accomplished by either scaling the MAF sensor output voltage, or by changing the high-pressure fuel pump duty cycle. This allows very fine changes to fueling, and is unique to the StandbackTM.

http://www.cp-e.com/2046.html

Just for reference the stand back for the mazdaspeed6 goes for $653.
      03-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt60158 View Post
Maryland tuner that I have some experience with in the mazda community. I have had excellent communication and customer service from them.

I noticed they are working on their own standback from the 335i but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon unless someone has heard otherwise on the E9x forums. I am sure it could easily carried over to the 135i if they could get a car in shop. Rather small group of engineers who like to take their time and throughly test the product in the real world before releasing to the general public.

Some interesting points on the product:

Our boost control method relies on a very sophisticated PID (Proportional-Integral-Derivative) feedback control loop, which will adjust the wastegate automatically until the desired boost pressure is achieved. In other words, you can type your desired boost pressure into the StandbackTM software, and the controller will hold that boost pressure from your boost threshold to redline. Gone are the days of constantly adjusting duty cycle coefficients to hit your desired boost pressure!

Both the air/fuel and timing tables are based on huge 30x30 tables for enhanced tuning resolution. Fueling changes can be accomplished by either scaling the MAF sensor output voltage, or by changing the high-pressure fuel pump duty cycle. This allows very fine changes to fueling, and is unique to the StandbackTM.

http://www.cp-e.com/2046.html

Just for reference the stand back for the mazdaspeed6 goes for $653.

Interesting, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

CPE makes some good components. I have their single exhaust on my mazdaspeed 6 (the car is for sale by the way .. LOL so I can make room for the 135i) ..

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
Impulse
BMW ONE
Rep
Drives: 93 RX-7 R1, 135i

Garage List
Hmm.....since our cars don't have MAF I'm a little concerned on their knowledge of the N54
      03-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #5
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse View Post
Hmm.....since our cars don't have MAF I'm a little concerned on their knowledge of the N54
If you look at the screenshots from their adjustment software, you'll see the correct spelling - so I think it's just a spelling mistake.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0