BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
bimmer98
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Alpine White

Garage List
2017 X3  [0.00]
2013 335i  [0.00]
1987 325is  [0.00]
Hendrick in Charlotte has their Demo's

Hendrick got two demo's in yesterday. Sedona Red 128 and Black Saphire 135 with Coral and Sport Pack.

I was down ther paying for my 135, which I'm taking Performance Delivery next Monday. I'm thinking I'd be driving it right now had I not done Performance.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

^^ What's performance delivery?
      03-18-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
bimmer98
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Alpine White

Garage List
2017 X3  [0.00]
2013 335i  [0.00]
1987 325is  [0.00]
It is a way for people in the US to take delivery of their car at the US assembly plant in Spartanburg, SC. They have a track, SAV off-road course, and tour of the plant. They will be making X3, 5, 6 here, I think.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
LS-1
Desperately Wanting
Rep
Drives:

Linky no worky
      03-18-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
happywalmartcustomer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Wilmington has 3 or 4 now. A 128 convertible that's sold, two that were still in back (I'm told black coupes) and a red 135 that was out on test drive when I stopped in, I'm assuming it's Sedona.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
jchandler1
Private
Rep
Drives:

Performance BMW in Chapel Hill, NC has a BLK/RED 135 and Sed Red 128 as well as a few pre-orders. I drove the 135 and all I can say is HOLY SH*T!! Had fun playing tag with a guy who was test-driving an M3 on I-40. Trust me people... You will NOT be dissapointed!! It is very very impressive to say the least...
Glacier Aluminum Trim
6MT-Premium/Sport PKG
Comfort Access
Premium HI-FI
iPOD/USB
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #7
rainman128
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

cool...i might go down there and tdrive the 128....btw, what was the sticker price on it?
      03-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
jchandler1
Private
Rep
Drives:

Didn't check the sticker... If you go, ask for Jon Hilliard and tell him that you heard about him through JChandler on the 1addicts website. He'll take care of you.
Glacier Aluminum Trim
6MT-Premium/Sport PKG
Comfort Access
Premium HI-FI
iPOD/USB
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 07:55 AM   #9
Sherifftruman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I may have to call him as I am not making headway with Perf right now. I can say they do give a good test drive though! Just don't buy a demo from them if you care about exceeding 4,000 RPM before 1,200 miles is up.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:27 PM   #10
Uptown Bully
I hate coleslaw!
Rep
Drives:

Ordered mine from Hendrick today. They're good people. Very professional. Got a nice deal and it went like clockwork. Now...the wait.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #11
cUtELiLaThLeTe11
Soon to be a 135i owner:)
Rep
Drives:

Hendrick=not so good of an experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Bully View Post
Ordered mine from Hendrick today. They're good people. Very professional. Got a nice deal and it went like clockwork. Now...the wait.

i originally went to hendrick in charlotte to try and negotiate a deal on the 135i that i wanted them to order, but i had a bad experience with them and ended up leaving. The salesman that i worked with treated me like i was just some dumb chick that doesnt know anything about cars (which is far from the truth!), let alone buying one. Then when I couldn't get him to even budge on lowering the price, the sales manager came out and told me that they will not discount the price for me, not even a little, and im not going to find a place around here that will. He wasn't very professional either - he gave me a big attitude like I was stupid for even bothering to try and negotiate a deal, which made me extremely mad. But needless to say, I LOVE a good challenge! I think I drove all over the state of NC that day talking to several BMW dealerships. Long story short, I ended up buying my 135i w/premium pkg, sport pkg, navigation, and premium hi-fi from Flow BMW in Winston-Salem that exact day and they gave me about $850 off the MSRP, which is what I was going for anyway. So not only did I get a decent deal, I'm getting an awesome car from a great dealership and I will be doing the performance delivery! Oh, and as for Hendrick, the PR lady there ended up calling me about 4 days later asking if I would like to come back in and negotiate a deal with my sales guy, because now they are willing to discount. HAHAHA what a joke! I told her the whole story and told her I was way happier with Flow and hung up. I got complete satisfaction from that and I love everything (so far!) about Flow BMW, so I definitely reccommend them over any other BMW dealership in NC. :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #12
Uptown Bully
I hate coleslaw!
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cUtELiLaThLeTe11 View Post
i originally went to hendrick in charlotte to try and negotiate a deal on the 135i that i wanted them to order, but i had a bad experience with them and ended up leaving. The salesman that i worked with treated me like i was just some dumb chick that doesnt know anything about cars (which is far from the truth!), let alone buying one. Then when I couldn't get him to even budge on lowering the price, the sales manager came out and told me that they will not discount the price for me, not even a little, and im not going to find a place around here that will. He wasn't very professional either - he gave me a big attitude like I was stupid for even bothering to try and negotiate a deal, which made me extremely mad. But needless to say, I LOVE a good challenge! I think I drove all over the state of NC that day talking to several BMW dealerships. Long story short, I ended up buying my 135i w/premium pkg, sport pkg, navigation, and premium hi-fi from Flow BMW in Winston-Salem that exact day and they gave me about $850 off the MSRP, which is what I was going for anyway. So not only did I get a decent deal, I'm getting an awesome car from a great dealership and I will be doing the performance delivery! Oh, and as for Hendrick, the PR lady there ended up calling me about 4 days later asking if I would like to come back in and negotiate a deal with my sales guy, because now they are willing to discount. HAHAHA what a joke! I told her the whole story and told her I was way happier with Flow and hung up. I got complete satisfaction from that and I love everything (so far!) about Flow BMW, so I definitely reccommend them over any other BMW dealership in NC. :thumbup:
That sucks you had a bad experience at Hendrick. I'm just lucky to have family in the organization so I got the employee discount. I was there all of one and a half hours (test drive, deal making, trade-in talk, paperwork) and am now just waiting for it to be built, etc.

Who was your salesman?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 09:59 AM   #13
cUtELiLaThLeTe11
Soon to be a 135i owner:)
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Bully View Post
That sucks you had a bad experience at Hendrick. I'm just lucky to have family in the organization so I got the employee discount. I was there all of one and a half hours (test drive, deal making, trade-in talk, paperwork) and am now just waiting for it to be built, etc.

Who was your salesman?
lucky for you to get the employee discount! the salesman that "helped" me was mike morrow...when i went to hendrick originally to test drive the car, i had told him i was looking at the 1-series. Well when he went to get the keys to test drive the car (there was a 128 and a 135 on the lot) he definitely brought the keys for the 128 automatic...i was like, um, i'd prefer to drive a stick and i like the 135 better since its faster. well when i said that, he got this dumbfounded look on his face like he didnt know a 22 year old girl in stilletto's could actually drive a stick shift, let alone a fast one. so i was a little irritated because he put me in that stereotype, but its whatever. So that first day when i went to test drive the car, he was actually nice to me and seemed like he would be a good guy to work with, but it wasnt till i went there the 2nd time (when i was actually ready to buy), that his attitude changed when he saw me pull out all my numbers that i was willing to negotiate with and all the research that i had gotten online. But i don't really care anymore because I ended up getting the last laugh when they called me 4 days later wanting me to come back and negotiate (HA!) and i told them i was happy with my deal of $800 off MSRP and a higher trade in value for my acura from Flow.

When did you order yours and when are you supposed to receive it?
Appreciate 0