BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-22-2008, 11:54 PM   #1
black135
Private
Rep
Drives:

1er coupe Audio Output Signal

Does anyone who has taken delivery of their new 1er coupe know if there is an audio jack out or some other way to easily tap off a signal for a sub-woofer, eg. rear of the head unit, amplifier?

If yes, what model stereo did you get?
      03-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by black135 View Post
Does anyone who has taken delivery of their new 1er coupe know if there is an audio jack out or some other way to easily tap off a signal for a sub-woofer, eg. rear of the head unit, amplifier?

If yes, what model stereo did you get?

If you get the HU with the DPS (Logic7) then it is more difficult to upgrade. It is my understanding that the HU and the amp talks to each other threw fiber optics.

I am not sure how much greater the Logic7 HU sounds than the option just under it (stock), but I know with a quality amp and aftermarket speakers with proper crossovers, it will better fidelity than the logic7.

I am still trying to piece it altogether in my head and if anyone has looked at their 135i HU harness, please chime in.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

I have heard that the X3 is similar audio setup to the 135. There should be someone out there that has worked on an audio out for subs on either the base or Premium HiFi systems.

I think, as has been mentioned, that if you wanted to do extensive audio mods, you'd want to order the base sound system.
Appreciate 0