BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
gargoyal
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Long Beach BMW is the place !

Since I complained loudly about my first two experiences with BMW dealerships on this forum (cough *McKenna and Shelly BMW suck* cough), It is only fair to give kudos to a good dealership and sales person.

If you want good service in So. California Try Long Beach BMW and ask for Robby Montinola.
I got great service with no stupid games. Robby was to the point, and didn't waste my time. I test drove a 135 auto, a 335 manual and did all the paper work to order a red 135 in less than a hour. Most of the time was spent test driving.

I'm not the only one on this board that thinks long beach bmw is good. read this post. Thats service.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ghlight=irvine
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Glad it worked out for you! This is Chuck right?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
Stew
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for your review! I am thisclose to finally ordering a 135i, and Long Beach seems to be the place, they were nice, and the SA I spoke to said they would be willing to do a trade in on my old Honda. So far thats two people from Long Beach that got good reviews. My debate now is to get auto, or go for the manual and learn with the new car hmm...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #4
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

go for the manual. rent a car with a manual b4 you take delivery and learn how to drive it. it'll be weird for a while, even after you learn to get around in a manual, but after a year of owning it you will wonder how you ever drove auto. that's my experience at least and i sti in traffic for 1-2 hours a day. still more fun.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
gocal73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Get the Manual!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Thanks for your review! I am thisclose to finally ordering a 135i, and Long Beach seems to be the place, they were nice, and the SA I spoke to said they would be willing to do a trade in on my old Honda. So far thats two people from Long Beach that got good reviews. My debate now is to get auto, or go for the manual and learn with the new car hmm...
I just drove both the 135 and 128 on Saturday. Both were automatics. They sucked. Tried both regular and Sport mode. The autos just don't take full advantage of the capabilities of the 1-series. It's not that hard to learn to drive a stick, especially a BMW. You will be so glad you did! After a while, shifting becomes second nature. Most of the time you don't even think about, you just do it. I drive in rush hour traffic and on hills all the time in the Bay area - not a problem. When you want the car to perform the way YOU want it to perform, like on the favorite backroads we all know and love, only a manual transmission will deliver the true BMW driving experience. Seriously, you will love the manual 6 speed. Soon you will be wondering why anyone, except for the phyically handicapped, would spend $1200 on an auto trans. Plus, if you keep the car long term the manual trans will hold up better than the auto and require less service. I've got 200K+ on my e30 and 145K on my e39. The e30 is on it's second clutch and the e39 is still on it's first clutch!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 01:59 AM   #6
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

+1 on long beach. great service.
      04-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
robby@longbeachbmw
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyal View Post
Since I complained loudly about my first two experiences with BMW dealerships on this forum (cough *McKenna and Shelly BMW suck* cough), It is only fair to give kudos to a good dealership and sales person.

If you want good service in So. California Try Long Beach BMW and ask for Robby Montinola.
I got great service with no stupid games. Robby was to the point, and didn't waste my time. I test drove a 135 auto, a 335 manual and did all the paper work to order a red 135 in less than a hour. Most of the time was spent test driving.

I'm not the only one on this board that thinks long beach bmw is good. read this post. Thats service.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ghlight=irvine

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. I always love meeting fellow car enthusiasts and could talk about cars and racing forever.

I am glad we were able to assist you in ordering your new BMW and welcome to the BMW Family. I know the agonizing wait is going to seem like forever, but it will pass soon enough and the 135 Coupe will be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
lolo419
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i

Little bump for Long Beach BMW. This is my first BMW and so far the experience at LB BMW is very good. From ordering my car to many emails asking questions about my car to picking up my car. Thanks to Will and Steve. Two thumbs up for them.
Appreciate 0