BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

04-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
Declan
Private
Rep
Drives:

Thumbs up v3 Procede just announced! Now simply plug-n-play

not sure how many here are thinking of procede as a tuning option but I was just over on e90post and saw this

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134243

Looks promising. No more wire extraction and PnP with proper connectors is definitely a big step in my book.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
topvega
Kinda sorta banned on N54
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 SGM JB3

very interesting... every time I think I know which way I am going something changes my mind....

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #3
vivid
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 135i, 323i

no proceed for me... too many problems with their tunes

Current: 135i, 323i wagon.
Sold:GTI
Sold: FX45
Sold: E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
J-Sud
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

The Helix Tune with that new harness would be great
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:37 PM   #5
imported_tek818
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid View Post
no proceed for me... too many problems with their tunes

very untrue. 99% of the problems are due to user installation error and/or using unsupported bolt-ons. This new V3 looks to eliminate those two situations. I have had PROcede for over a year (15k+ miles) and not a single problem.

Anyone in the LA area considering this tune, I will do a free install on ONE 135i...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:41 PM   #6
ximpulsex
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
very untrue. 99% of the problems are due to user installation error and/or using unsupported bolt-ons. This new V3 looks to eliminate those two situations. I have had PROcede for over a year (15k+ miles) and not a single problem.

Anyone in the LA area considering this tune, I will do a free install on ONE 135i...
How much are they and what kind of numbers do we get out of the new one (without me reading all of the thread that was posted...).

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:42 PM   #7
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Pretty sure I'm sticking with Helix regardless, but PnP is a nice upgrade. I'll be interested to see what else they add with this new version.

I've never been all that impressed with their customer service, however this seems like a pretty cool product.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:58 PM   #8
ximpulsex
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82TT6 View Post
Pretty sure I'm sticking with Helix regardless, but PnP is a nice upgrade.
I'm genuinely curious, why are you staying with Helix, what are the pluses and minuses to either?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #9
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ximpulsex View Post
I'm genuinely curious, why are you staying with Helix, what are the pluses and minuses to either?

Thanks!
Helix-

Pro:
45 Minutes away
Storage of multiple maps
Dyno tuning
Very fancy hardware
Price
Power

Cons:
Less established in N54 community
Awkward way of switching maps
No plug and play
With the hardware and processing power on board, it should be able to run rings around procede in terms of boost logic, response, etc, we'll have to see if it does with this new version

Procede

Pros:
Good power
Good adjustability
Race gas maps with new version
Plug and play
Possible fancyness
Generally pretty good curves

Cons:
Limited hardware compared to Attache
Bad customer service
Bad reputation for ditching customer bases
Price
We'll see what v3 actually has to offer, 6 months from now! :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:29 PM   #10
Jeff@Eurobahn.us
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: European

Wink

Quote:

Thanks!
I noticed your ordered car on your sig We get our alpine white car tomorrow!!! Seems like it has taken forever but it's only taken 45 days

What I am waiting to see is how BMW's new (March 1st and newer build dates) built in detection software will work with the tuning units that intercept DME's.

Jeff
Eurobahn

'08 135 Alpine White/Red Boston, Turbo Tuner, Eurobahn Plasma Coils, Eurobahn panel filter.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:34 PM   #11
ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:

LOL, I just pm'd you about the asus setup on e90post, didn't know you were here too.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:44 PM   #12
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

I don't know why they didn't do that in the first place. The plug n play cable was the first thing I suggested after I saw the installation video. Good job Vishnu for taking the right step to improve installation. This should make it easier to take your car in for service.

Quote:
I really wish they make a new socket for the existing cable to plug in and coming out of the tune box is another socket to plug back into the car. All this popping pins out and replacing it is a pain. Especially, when you have to take it in and out for service. Also, it's a method to reduce install error and increase overall product satisfication.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...47&postcount=4
      04-14-2008, 11:58 PM   #13
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@Eurobahn.us View Post
I noticed your ordered car on your sig We get our alpine white car tomorrow!!! Seems like it has taken forever but it's only taken 45 days

What I am waiting to see is how BMW's new (March 1st and newer build dates) built in detection software will work with the tuning units that intercept DME's.

Jeff
Eurobahn

'08 135 Alpine White/Red Boston, Turbo Tuner, Eurobahn Plasma Coils, Eurobahn panel filter.
Jeff, could you expand on this or just start a new thread. I haven't heard anything about this.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 12:03 AM   #14
Jeff@Eurobahn.us
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: European

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Jeff, could you expand on this or just start a new thread. I haven't heard anything about this.
As soon as our car gets to the shop late tomorrow we will do some quick diagnostic sweeps with the new BMW software to check if the info we got at Autosport International in England was true. Once we know for sure I will post our data. What we were told by the boys from Stuttgart was that all new turbo cars with a March 1st build date have new software that will detect impedance changes on certain legs of the DME harness. Supposedly it can then log that data for future download by your SA.

Jeff
Eurobahn
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 12:16 AM   #15
Impulse
BMW ONE
Rep
Drives: 93 RX-7 R1, 135i

Garage List
wow this changes my plans. The plug and play is great. Helix please do this !!!!
      04-15-2008, 12:16 AM   #16
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Sneeky bastards!!!

Guess they're trying to blame all the burnt cylinder 5/6's and failed diverter valves on tunes. I hope they can't just do a software update on older cars to do this too.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 01:21 AM   #17
imported_tek818
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
How much are they and what kind of numbers do we get out of the new one (without me reading all of the thread that was posted...).

Thanks!
V2 is $1,295 brand new. I doubt the V3 will be much more if anything. Gains should be in the 80-100whp/100-120wtq range depending on supporting mods.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 07:03 AM   #18
ximpulsex
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82TT6 View Post
Helix-

Pro:
45 Minutes away
Storage of multiple maps
Dyno tuning
Very fancy hardware
Price
Power

Cons:
Less established in N54 community
Awkward way of switching maps
No plug and play
With the hardware and processing power on board, it should be able to run rings around procede in terms of boost logic, response, etc, we'll have to see if it does with this new version

Procede

Pros:
Good power
Good adjustability
Race gas maps with new version
Plug and play
Possible fancyness
Generally pretty good curves

Cons:
Limited hardware compared to Attache
Bad customer service
Bad reputation for ditching customer bases
Price
We'll see what v3 actually has to offer, 6 months from now! :biggrin:
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@Eurobahn.us View Post

Jeff
Eurobahn

It certainly is feeling like F-O-R-E-V-E-R... The dealership is speculating delivery sometime in early June.

Thanks again for the answers everyone.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 07:18 AM   #19
vivid
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 135i, 323i

Quote:

his tune is not for me... I heard too many issues not only with his BMW tunes but also Subarus... I don;t want to start a flame war so I will not make another comments, but I do suggest people fully research any tuner they plan to go with.

Current: 135i, 323i wagon.
Sold:GTI
Sold: FX45
Sold: E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #20
frank2287
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

i wonder if there is a stock setting on the program so we can bring it in the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #21
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank2287 View Post
i wonder if there is a stock setting on the program so we can bring it in the dealer.
Yeah, but that won't matter if the ECU can now store data relating to altered signals from the DME harness; your SA will know you have, or have had, a piggy installed whether you have a switch that sets it to stock or completely uninstall it.

I got excited about this release, but with the news of the ECU update, I'm once again leaning towards Dinan.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 10:27 AM   #22
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Woah...they may steal my business away from Helix because of the plug-n-play aspect. Hopefully the limp issues are no longer an issue. Guess I'll wait for the guinea pigs reviews before purchasing though.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread