BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
doubleA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Thumbs up PROcede v3 boost control on catless 6MT *datalog*

Shiv posted more information regarding v3 on e90post. New features regarding boost control are very impressive..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134604
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 03:13 AM   #2
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Looks very promising, still on the fence.
      04-16-2008, 06:44 AM   #3
Impulse
BMW ONE
Rep
Drives: 93 RX-7 R1, 135i

Garage List
The PnP really puts this a step foward IMO
      04-16-2008, 06:56 AM   #4
Impulse
BMW ONE
Rep
Drives: 93 RX-7 R1, 135i

Garage List
looks promising. We'll see when it is out and on the road
      04-17-2008, 10:34 AM   #5
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Looks like there are brief spikes up to ~19lbs after each throttle-close to me. Yet Shiv is saying there weren't any spikes? If I'm mistaken, please ed-u-ma-cate me.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

^ I believe he acknowledges the spikes. Still, this might be the way to go for me now but I'll wait for the beta testers and buyers to report back before jumping on board.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #7
BMWeber
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
Looks like there are brief spikes up to ~19lbs after each throttle-close to me. Yet Shiv is saying there weren't any spikes? If I'm mistaken, please ed-u-ma-cate me.

the boost sensor is in the tube going from the intercooler to the intake manifold so those split second spikes after letting off the throttle are relived by the diverter valve. so that excess pressure is relived before it gets to the intake manifold. therefore no effect on the motor.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWeber View Post
the boost sensor is in the tube going from the intercooler to the intake manifold so those split second spikes after letting off the throttle are relived by the diverter valve. so that excess pressure is relived before it gets to the intake manifold. therefore no effect on the motor.
Ah, OK, thanks for that BMWeber. Would those overboost spikes affect the turbos over time?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 12:31 PM   #9
frank2287
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

im curiouse what kind of intake and exhaust he is running exactly and how much everythinng cost?
That is a crazy set up to have on the street!! almost insain to be driving that everyday! i Wonder how realiable to car will be to have a program like that for a daily driver??
Is there a map that can make you decrease power for when your off the track?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
That is normal. A stock car will do that as well. The purpose of the bypass valves is to relieve that pressure quickly. Without bypass valves, you would see spikes as high as 30psi on a stock car!

shiv

PS. If all goes as planned, it looks like we'll be installing a v3 this weekend on a local 135i
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #11
BMWeber
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

1st post Welcome to 1addicts shiv
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #12
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnutuning.com View Post
PS. If all goes as planned, it looks like we'll be installing a v3 this weekend on a local 135i

Interested in the outcome.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #13
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

There's quite a few pages of info. over on the other forum regarding the new PROcede V3 tune. I thought I'd copy & paste as well as post the link to a quick overview of how V3 differs from it's previous versions:

1. V3 is PnP, with what looks to be a rock solid harness. Easy to connect to ECU, reliable and secure connections. Much easier to put in and take out (although you still have to get to the ECU).

2. V3 has several built-in safety features now, preventing overboost and other problems.

3. V3 has much improved throttle control, so the power is easier to modulate.

4. V3 can use Homelink to provide seamless choice of maps. Setting out for normal drive to office, you are on the boring map. Suddenly Christie Brinkley sidles up at a light and wants to race, all you need to do is hit a button to switch to your race map. $75 add-on.

5. V3 has tremendous flexibility for those with additional mods (DPs, intake, exhaust, etc.) to do precision tuning.

In sum: V3 standard is not about squeezing out more power by raising boost to higher levels. It's about control, reliability, safety, ease of installation, and flexibility.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=564

Sounds like fun dunnit?!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 03:08 PM   #14
Bizall
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0

Shiv,
Is there a list of tuners that can modify/tune the Procede? I'm in Colorado Springs, CO. How much do you think is left on the table power wise without getting a protune? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 06:37 PM   #15
SCA1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911 coming soon...

I hope we allow tuning vendors to answer questions here. That's where forums like these provide some of the most value, IMO. At least other ones I've used.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 02:08 AM   #16
F82SO2
Private
Rep
Drives:

cant wait to see results..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 03:58 AM   #17
Oregon
NRA Life Member, BMW CCA 30 year member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04' M3

Garage List
1971 2002  [0.00]
2004 M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
The 'issue' is under discussion...consider this, where does consultation end and solicitation begin? As members/participants/enthusiasts we all want to benefit from the expertise/knowledge presented by tuners/aftermarket vendors, however, allow Admin some time to sort-out the intricacies of this tricky topic. Please, be patient.

“To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.” – George Mason
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 07:22 AM   #18
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surname View Post
The 'issue' is under discussion...consider this, where does consultation end and solicitation begin? As members/participants/enthusiasts we all want to benefit from the expertise/knowledge presented by tuners/aftermarket vendors, however, allow Admin some time to sort-out the intricacies of this tricky topic. Please, be patient.
I would agree, but IMO answering a question asked about the subject, that stays on topic should be fair game.

There's a difference between: "I like my SSTTT." "My product is better."

AND

"How does XYZ part of your product work?" "It works like this."

IMO, a solicitation begins when you stop answering questions, and start talking money. For example, an "FS" or "Group Buy" or "Special Offer" or "Now Available" or "Package Deal" or "New feature for $$$" threads/posts should stay in the Comercial section. If a vendor is asked about a group buy, or something to that effect in this forum, they can simply make a post in the comercial forum, and say something along the lines of "You can read more about that sort of thing here: *link*"

Personally I don't have a problem with tuners telling us about the features of their products, how they work, answering questions, giving us updates about pertinant information (v81 compatability, for example). It's when tuners start making posts along the lines of "I have a new product. It has these features. It costs this much. It will be available in two weeks." that things get a bit cluttered. On the other hand, a thread along the lines of "Update: JB2X installed on v81 335i, working perfectly." is no problem.

I know it's a touchy issue, but that's just my two cents. Sorry to go off-topic, but I think this thread is already a little derailed. Maybe we should create a thread about this issue specifically? I know opinions are like assholes, but this is a forum by the people, for the people, of the people! :drinking:
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #19
gizmo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82TT6 View Post
I would agree, but IMO answering a question asked about the subject, that stays on topic should be fair game.

There's a difference between: "I like my SSTTT." "My product is better."

AND

"How does XYZ part of your product work?" "It works like this."

IMO, a solicitation begins when you stop answering questions, and start talking money. For example, an "FS" or "Group Buy" or "Special Offer" or "Now Available" or "Package Deal" or "New feature for $$$" threads/posts should stay in the Comercial section. If a vendor is asked about a group buy, or something to that effect in this forum, they can simply make a post in the comercial forum, and say something along the lines of "You can read more about that sort of thing here: *link*"

Personally I don't have a problem with tuners telling us about the features of their products, how they work, answering questions, giving us updates about pertinant information (v81 compatability, for example). It's when tuners start making posts along the lines of "I have a new product. It has these features. It costs this much. It will be available in two weeks." that things get a bit cluttered. On the other hand, a thread along the lines of "Update: JB2X installed on v81 335i, working perfectly." is no problem.

I know it's a touchy issue, but that's just my two cents. Sorry to go off-topic, but I think this thread is already a little derailed. Maybe we should create a thread about this issue specifically? I know opinions are like assholes, but this is a forum by the people, for the people, of the people! :drinking:

+1
I agree.
      04-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #20
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Ok for those of us out there who are *not* tuners, can somewhat put this thread into the lowest common terms and describe it? How much hp/tq increase, is it safe? Who installs it? Basic stuff that we...Joe User needs to know.
-Boston Grey Leather with Black High Gloss Accent
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 06:54 PM   #21
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera View Post
Ok for those of us out there who are *not* tuners, can somewhat put this thread into the lowest common terms and describe it? How much hp/tq increase, is it safe? Who installs it? Basic stuff that we...Joe User needs to know.

It adds 50-120 rwhp. It is plug and play can be installed by you or a tuner. It has more built in safety measures than any other tune to date. There is sexy map switching tech. You have two maps, one can be race gas if you like. In addition, there is also a valet setting that will keep the car working as stock if not revved over x rpm within five seconds of startup.

Unique features:
wireless map switching
adjustable maps, can be tweake by end user to a degree
valet mode in addition to two tune maps
Multiple levels of safeguards
nifty boost logic
beter than stock drivability
more goodies in the pipeline including whisperins of launch control
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #22
ktdw
BMWCCA #401908
Rep
Drives: 135i

We'll have a better idea of the hp/tq increase this week, as I and some others are going to dyno. I will also dyno after I install the downpipes this Saturday.

I have about 500 miles with it, and it is awesome!!! No problems whatsoever.:headbang:

Vishnu PROcede v3, Vishnu Dual Cone Intake, Code3 FMIC, Riss Racing Downpipes, Riss Racing Exhaust, H&R Sport Springs
Best 1/4 mile: 12.583 @ 117.609 mph
Appreciate 0