E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Oil Changes - The Who, What, When...

05-31-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
yaja
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Oil Changes - The Who, What, When...

I just went over my break in miles of 1200, and thought it would be a good time for an initla oil change. I contacted my SA who is very BMW service knowlegeable and he recommended that I wait until about 5,000 miles. BWM recommends Castrol Full synthetic 5W-30, and this is what I will use.

I have read a lot on here about people doing there on oil changes, or taking them to mom and pop shops. Any oil change done by anyone other than a BWM authorized service center voids the warranty.

Question: Has anone else had there oil changed right after the 1200 mile mark? If so, did you notice any difference in the way the engine performed?

Thanks for your responses.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2006, 02:04 AM   #2
ScreaminE90
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Only M motors get oil changes at 1200 miles. Don't bother on yours. if it would help, it would be scheduled by BMW, just like the 1200's on the M's.

Matt
Appreciate 0